Campus Crime Logs: Failed Dodge

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from April 23 to April 29. 

A male student was struck by a Dodge Grand Caravan while riding his bike at the intersection of Mountfort Street and St. Mary’s Street on April 24 at 9:30 a.m. Though the student was alert and conscious while he was transported to Boston Medical Center, he sustained serious injuries. Charges against the driver are pending and await the Boston Police Department’s investigation. There was no damage to the student’s bicycle, and police suspect he flew over the bicycle.

LAW-breaker

Police suspect someone broke into the School of Law overnight between April 23 and April 24. Four offices on various floors were visibly broken into, and police observed jimmied cabinets and desk drawers. Objects stolen remain unknown at this time, but police were able to uncover evidence. Investigation is ongoing.

Shaw’s threat

On Wednesday at 12 a.m., a female student reported being harassed at the corner of Alcorn Street and Gardner Street as she was exiting Shaw’s Supermarket. The student said an unknown male standing outside the store threatened to rape her. She notified police after walking back to her apartment on Ashford Street, but officers were unable to locate the suspect after conducting a search.

Weeded out

A male student was found with more than an ounce of marijuana in his possession at Myles Standish Hall on Thursday at 9:40 p.m. He has been summoned to Roxbury District Court for possession.

Rooftop arrest

Police arrested two students after a detail officer found them on the roof of 100 Bay State Road, the construction site for the Center for Student Services. The two jumped over the locked fence and broke into the locked building on Sunday at 1:30 a.m