Campus, City, News

Second body found in Charles River near BU Bridge

Another body was found Tuesday morning in the Charles River near Boston University, Massachusetts State Police officials said.

A BU rowing coach first spotted the body floating in the river near the Boston University Bridge at about 7:25 a.m. Tuesday, according to an email statement from Massachusetts State Police spokesman Dave Procopio.

The Massachusetts State Police Marine Unit responded to recover the body and will take it for identification, Procopio said.

State police said they have not yet released a physical description and have not determined the age or gender.

The Suffolk District Attorney’s Office will investigate further, Procopio said.

State police retrieved the body of an older white male from the water near BU’s campus Monday morning.

Suffolk District Attorney spokesman Jake Wark said officials  have tentatively identified the body found yesterday as a middle-aged male, believed to be in his mid-60s, but are still awaiting confirmation.

Speculation initially suggested the first body could have been that of Jonathan Dailey, a Boston Architectural College graduate student who went missing on Oct. 2. Wake confirmed on Monday, however, that the body was not his.