Campus Crime Logs: Back to School

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Oct. 8 to Oct. 14.

Last Wednesday, a female student reported a stolen MacBook computer from the Metcalf Science Center, located at 590 Commonwealth Ave. The student said that she had forgotten her laptop in a classroom and that when she returned an hour later, it was gone.

Police said that students oftentimes leave their things behind in this building during labs, which can lead to theft.

Swiper, no swiping 

Last Wednesday at about 11 a.m., a male student living at 57 Park Drive told police that he noticed a suspicious male outside of his home. The student witnessed the stranger by peeking through his keyhole.

After the student saw the person outside trying to swipe into the building multiple times  he quickly called the BUPD. BUPD officials responded immediately, but by the time they arrived at 57 Park Drive the suspect had left the area.

I got nothin’

BUPD officers stopped a male non-affiliate who was taking pictures through the glass at BU’s Fitness & Recreation Center, located at 915 Commonwealth Ave., on Thursday.

When asked why he was taking pictures, the man said he was working on a photography project for his class. BUPD politely asked him to leave the area, according to the report.

Family matters 

A female student living at Rich Hall, located at 277 Babcock St., called BUPD at 3:15 p.m. on Friday to report that her estranged father was attempting to get in contact with her. Since the student did not want to speak with her father, BUPD gave the father a trespassing warning.

Grab and go

A female student reported that her bag was snatched from her side while she was in T’s Pub at 973 Commonwealth Ave. on Sunday. The suspect came from behind her, snatched her bag and immediately ran away. The student  told police that she was not able to get a clear view of the suspect.