Campus, City, News

Armed robberies suspect released on personal recognizance

A suspect in two of the four Brookline armed robberies near the Boston University Charles River Campus was released on personal recognizance yesterday, as a judge denied the motion for dangerousness scheduled after the arraignment.

Taquari Milton, 17, of Roxbury has no cash bail associated with his release, but must avoid contact with any victims, witnesses or co-defendants, said David Traub, the spokesman for the Norfolk District Attorney’s office.

Milton, who is being tried as an adult, pleaded not guilty after police arrested him on Oct. 12, The Daily Free Press reported earlier.

He is charged with two counts of armed robbery, allegedly in relation to the robberies that took place on Sep. 25 and Oct. 5 in which three BU students and one BU graduate were victims

Judge Mary Dacey White also ordered Milton to undergo GPS monitoring with exclusion zones including Brookline and the BU campus, from Kenmore to West Campus, Traub said.

He also must live with a parent or guardian, adhere to a curfew from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends except to attend church services, Traub said.

Milton is due in court on Dec. 6 for a probable cause hearing and must report in person to probation once a week, Traub said.

Information on the other two juvenile suspects in the case who turned themselves in to police is not open to the public.