City Crime Logs: Halloweekend crowd

An officer responded to an assault and battery on Penniman Road and Hano Street in Allston at about 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, where he witnessed a man with a visible head injury. Several people were attending to him and one member of the group said an ambulance was on the way. Another member of the group told the officer that an ambulance was needed and not the police, and held the victim’s hand. The officer took out his flashlight and noticed the victim had a large swollen bump on the left side of his face and an abrasion on his right temple, at which point the woman swung at the officer’s hand telling him to get the light out of the victim’s face.

The group began to yell at the officer, who ordered everyone to back away. Boston EMS transported the victim to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital. The officer found that no one saw the assault, although one witness said he had seen the victim walking with difficulty downstairs. The group thought that the man likely fell down the stairs of the house and stumbled outside.

Grand seas heist

On Saturday, police received a report that a 2004 yacht boat trailer was taken from a driveway on Colborne Road between 11 p.m. on Friday and 8 a.m. the next morning. The trailer contained a Honda Aquafresh Jet Ski, amounting to a $1,000 loss.

Wine and dash

On Thursday at about 12:40 p.m., officers responded to a call for a larceny in progress. An employee told police he saw a woman shoplifting on a security camera at the Brookline Liquor Mart, located at 1354 Commonwealth Ave. The woman, who was described as a white female in her 30s and wearing black glasses, blue jeans and a blue jacket, appeared to have placed a bottle of Red Ducru Beaucaillou wine worth about $350 inside her bag.

When the employee approached her, the woman said “I don’t have nothing in my bag. I will never shop here again.” The  owner touched her bag, as the woman was leaving the store and felt the shape of a wine bottle in her purse. The woman quickly entered a car that was double parked on Commonwealth Avenue, which then fled toward Allston Street.

Precious jewels

Police received a report on Thursday about a breaking and entering incident on Egremont Road that occurred between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. The owner of the house said he observed the front door pried open and several of his and his roommate’s items missing, including an Apple MacBook Pro and several items of jewelry. The estimated value of the stolen items was set at $2,200.