City Crime Logs: Keep your friends close

The following crime reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from March 26 to April 2

At about 12:30 a.m. Friday, police received a call about a fight occurring in an Oak Square apartment, located at 40 Atkins St. The victim stated that her friend was visiting her apartment, but then proceeded to assault her by punching her several times in the face. When the suspect went out to the front porch, the victim locked the door on her. The suspect then began to bang on the door while yelling, “You stole my suboxone [a prescription drug] and I’m going to kill your daughter and it’s bye bye.”

Later, the suspect returned to the apartment when the police arrived at the scene. She told the officers that the victim had stolen her drugs. The officers advised her to go home, but the suspect returned five minutes later to look for her keys and stolen drugs. The police then placed the suspect under arrest for disorderly conduct, and the victim’s daughter was sent to a neighbor’s house for the night. When the police were booking the suspect, they found two warrants of her failure to attend jury duty.

Dial B for Blackmail 

A woman reported a series of threats directed toward her at about 10:30 a.m. on Sunday from her apartment at 331 Faneuil Street. She stated that 30 minutes earlier she had received a phone call from an unknown person, who demanded that she give him $2000 or else he would kill her brother. The caller wanted the woman to wire him the money at the nearest Stop and Shop convenience store or Western Union. The caller stated that he was holding a gun to her brother’s head. The woman gave the phone to her boyfriend and used another phone to call her father who was living with her brother in New York. Her father stated that her brother was currently at home and that the threats were false.

Put a ring on it 

A fight occurred at Brighton Beer Garden, a bar located at the intersection of Market Street and Henshaw Street, at about 8:00 p.m. Friday. The victim was engaged in a conversation with the suspect when she went outside the bar to smoke. The suspect told the victim that her engagement ring, a seven-carat white-gold ring worth around $70,000, was beautiful.

When the victim took the ring off to show the suspect, she dropped the ring and could not find it. She believed that the suspect had picked it up, even though she did not see her, and the two women began to fight.

The suspect then fled from the scene and the victim approached the police and informed them of the incident. She became hysterical and yelled at the officers to get her “ring back and lock up that homeless crack [explitive].”