CAMPUS CRIME LOGS: Online Offensive

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from April 22 to April 28. 

At 8:49 a.m. Tuesday, a female student came to the BUPD station at 32 Harry Agganis Way to report that another female student had been sending her threatening messages via Facebook. The messages pertained to physical violence against the student.

Shady dealings

On Tuesday at 3:30 p.m., a student reported that he had purchased a stolen Kindle from Craigslist. He failed to register it and the seller had disappeared from the site before authorities could track down a suspect.

Bicycle blues 

A $200 blue bicycle was stolen from the bike rack in front of 730 Commonwealth Ave. at 7:51 p.m. on Tuesday. The cable lock was cut and the bike has yet to be found.

50 Shades of Theft

A student’s purse was stolen from the Fitness and Recreation Center locker room at 915 Comm. Ave. on Wednesday. The purse was left unattended on a bench. At 10:13 a.m., the perpetrator emptied out the contents of the bag and left them, taking only the bag itself.

Going on your permanent record

Three students were observed in the School of Law annex at 765 Comm. Ave. trying to enter an office to which they had no authorization at 10 p.m. Thursday. All three were identified by BUPD officers and will be dealt punishment by the Judicial Affairs office.

Dodging death

A non-affiliate locked himself in his vehicle and attempted to commit suicide at 22 Babbitt St. on Friday at 10 a.m. A BU employee successfully stopped him, however, and he was transferred to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Brighton by Boston EMS.

Harassment horrors

At 32 Harry Agganis Way, a female student reported being harassed by a male student on Friday at 3:35 p.m. She filed criminal harassment charges against him, which are pending.

Dangerous divorce

At 10:10 pm on Friday, officers responded to a male student assaulting his former girlfriend in Danielsen Hall at 575 Comm. Ave. He was found punching and kicking her. Officers placed the male student under arrest. However, he was later released on bail.

Dude, where’s my bed?

A female student in Rich Hall at 275 Babcock St. woke up to an unknown male student sleeping in her roommate’s bed Saturday at 10 a.m. Her roommate was out of town and the male student did not appear to know where he was. He quickly fled out of the room.