CITY CRIME LOGS: Sept. 10 to Sept. 16

The following crime reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District 14 crime logs from Sept. 10 to Sept. 16.

Old acquaintance attempts breaking and entering

At about 3:11 p.m. on Thursday, officers responded to call for an attempted breaking and entering at 200 Corey Road. The victim told the officer that at about 1:30 a.m., he heard loud banging on his door and when he looked through the peephole, he noticed an old acquaintance of his kicking the door and leaving the hallway in an unknown direction. The officer spoke with a maintenance worker who stated that he would repair the door to ensure the tenant’s security.

Taxi driver and customer dispute

On Saturday at about 7:36 p.m., an officer responded to a call for a fight at 15 Everett St. When the officer arrived, he observed a taxi driver holding onto the foot of a male lying on the ground with minor bleeding on his left elbow. The officer ordered the cab driver to let go of the male’s foot. The officer asked the driver why he was holding onto the male and he stated, “because he was going to run away on me.” The officer asked the male what was going on, and he told him that he had to go into the house to get money in order to pay for his cab fare. The male’s wallet, credit card and cash were in the back of the taxi. The officer seized the driver’s cab license for assaulting the passenger.

Biker runs into car, walks away

At about 8:11 p.m. on Saturday, officers responded to a call for an investigate person at the intersection of Allston Street and Commonwealth Avenue. The officers spoke with the victim and he stated that 15 minutes prior to the call, he was operating his red Toyota Camry in the outbound lane near 1505 Commonwealth Ave., when an unknown male rode into the front bumper of his vehicle. The victim stated that the suspect got up and began walking away inbound on Commonwealth Avenue while yelling “I’m all set” to the victim. The victim told the officer that he attempted to follow the suspect but then lost sight of him. Officers searched the immediate area, but did not find the suspect.

Breaking and entering through bedroom window

An officer received a call for a breaking and entering at 148 Strathmore Road at about 1:24 p.m. on Sunday. The victim told the officer that he left his apartment at about 8 a.m. on Saturday. When he returned at about 10 p.m., he noticed $800, a black Northface backpack and a bank check written to him for $1,280 missing from his bedroom. The victim stated that his bedroom windows were closed when he left, but when he returned, his windows and screen were open. Detectives checked for prints on an envelope and observed no prints on the window.