CAMPUS CRIME LOGS: Oct. 22 to Oct. 27

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Oct. 22 to Oct. 27.

Laptop stolen from College of General Studies

On Oct. 22 at 11:07 a.m., officials from BU’s College of General Studies reported a laptop theft at 871 Commonwealth Ave. The laptop was later retrieved.

Suspicious person found at 718 Comm. Ave.

At 12:19 p.m. on Oct. 22, a suspicious person was reported at 718 Comm. Ave. A professor reported that he saw a suspicious adult female pick up and examine his laptop in the building’s faculty room. When confronted, the woman left the scene.

Larceny in the School of Law lobby

On Oct. 22, two students reported that they had left their handbags and laptops in the lobby of BU’s School of Law at 765 Comm. Ave. Sometime between 4:20 p.m. and 4:48 p.m., both the laptops and handbags were stolen.

Burglary at 853 Beacon St.

On Oct. 22 between 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m., an apartment was broken into at 853 Beacon St. A laptop and other expensive items were reported stolen. BUPD officials are currently investigating the incident.

Bag stolen from 685 Comm. Ave.

At 8:48 pm on Oct. 22, a student reported his or her bag was stolen from 685 Comm. Ave.

Suspicious female reported at 730 Comm. Ave. 

On Wednesday at 6:48 p.m., a professor reported a suspicious female in his office at 730 Comm. Ave. When questioned, the woman left the office.

Suspicious person outside Mugar Library

At 7:01 p.m. on Wednesday, a suspicious man approached a student outside of Mugar Memorial Library at 771 Comm. Ave. The man asked to borrow the student’s cell phone, and she complied. Afterwards, she noticed that he had put his contact information into her phone, and he later began calling her.

Scam outside of Warren Towers

On Friday at 2 p.m., a student was scammed into giving two men $600 in cash outside of Warren Towers at 700 Comm. Ave. In exchange for the money, these two men gave him an illegitimate blank check. The suspects were described to police officials as two black men.

Marijuana citation at 125 Ashford St.

On Saturday at 2:35 a.m., a student was found in possession of a small amount of marijuana at 125 Ashford St. The student was issued a citation, and the marijuana in question was then confiscated.