Parts of Kenmore Square closed due to World Series Game

Due to the World Series game between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park Wednesday night, several areas on and around Boston University’s campus, particularly in Kenmore Square, will be closed tonight, BU spokesman Colin Riley confirmed.

The entrance to Myles Standish Hall will be affected due to closings on that block of Beacon Street tonight, Riley confirmed. Beginning at 4 p.m., residents will only be able to enter and exit Myles Standish Hall through its Bay State Road entrance. This change will be in effect until about 2 a.m. Thursday morning.

At the top of the sixth inning, bars in Kenmore Square and near Fenway Park will no longer admit additional patrons. Pedestrian and motor traffic will be blocked off from the area at this time as well, Riley confirmed.

The area surrounding Kenmore will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians starting in the top of the sixth inning as well, according to an email sent to students by BU Police Department Chief Thomas Robbins.

“We strongly recommend you avoid biking, driving, or walking through or around Kenmore Square,” he wrote in the email. “If you need to go past Kenmore Square on foot or by bicycle, please use Bay State Road. In addition to road closures and restrictions, the BU shuttle bus will be running only express service to and from the medical campus after 7 p.m., with the final bus leaving the medical campus at 10 p.m.”

Riley said the closings in Kenmore Square will be in effect until the World Series game concludes. He said fans will then be able to safely leave the area by means of public transportation or other motor vehicles.

“It is the city’s decision to look at safety and security of the residents, the city of Boston, fans attending the game and people living and working the area,” Riley said. “This is an extraordinary event of international interest.”