BU encounters IT problems during registration weekend

Wi-Fi problems in parts of Boston University’s Charles River Campus appear to have interrupted students’ weekend and, for some, spring registration.

Students complained to IT and on social media about their Internet connections in the past day.

Remy Goodman, a College of Communication senior who lives on Bay State Road, said she has not been able to connect to BU’s Wi-Fi network since Saturday evening.

“I don’t have any internet at all,” Goodman said. “Last night I started having problems, and I still don’t have internet at all.”

Goodman said she called BU’s IT service Sunday night and was told that there was a problem with BU’s server.

“I actually called IT tech and they said they’ve been getting a lot of calls today about this, and it’s not my computer and they’re trying to fix the BU server,” Goodman said. “They said ‘the good news is that’s it’s not your computer.’”

An unidentified employee at the BU IT Help Desk at Mugar Memorial Library confirmed that students have experienced an “intermittent problem” with their Wi-Fi over the last 24 hours. He said IT is working to resolve the issue.

Due to the connectivity issues, Goodman said she had to alter her class schedule for the upcoming semester using her cellphone.

“I used my roommate’s computer to register in the morning, but I’ve been making changes on my phone throughout the day,” she said.

Trisha Thadani and Steph Solis contributed to the reporting of this article.