CAMPUS CRIME LOGS: Sept. 22 to Sept. 25

Jaime Bennis

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Sept. 22 to Sept. 27.

Student’s laptop stolen

An unattended MacBook was stolen from 928 Commonwealth Ave. on Sept. 22 at about 12:25 p.m. A suspicious looking male was spotted on surveillance cameras, but he has not been identified as the thief.

Man vandalizes bridge

A man unaffiliated with BU was booked and charged for defacing property on Sept. 22 at about 7:25 p.m. The man was caught painting the BU Bridge and had several outstanding warrants.

Female student robbed

An unarmed man at 677 Beacon St. robbed a female student on Sep. 23 at about 1:35 a.m. The man approached the woman from behind, pushed her against a wall and demanded money. The student gave the man money, and he fled from the scene over the Beacon Street Bridge. The victim said the man appeared to be intoxicated, and the incident is under investigation.

Student’s iPhone stolen

A female student reported that her iPhone was stolen from the first floor bathroom at 590 Commonwealth Ave. BUPD responded at about 2:15 p.m. on Sept. 24. The device was left unattended for a short period of time, and when she returned, it was gone.

Student’s backpack stolen

A BU student reported that his backpack was stolen from the outer Muslim prayer room while he was in the inner prayer room at 775 Commonwealth Ave. at about 2:55 p.m. on Sept. 24. The student had cash, a laptop and a wallet in his bag. The incident is still under investigation.

Female student assaulted

A female student reported an instance of indecent assault and battery at 40 Buswell St. to BUPD on Sept. 24 at about 3:10 p.m. The student reported that the incident actually took place on Sept. 21 at about 4 a.m. There were a number of other people in the room when the incident took place, but the victim did not identify the suspect. The incident is under investigation.

Man attempts to steal bicycle

A man was caught trying to steal a bicycle from the bike rack in front of Mugar Memorial Library on Sept. 25 at about 8:50 p.m. The man tried to fight the officers, but he was eventually subdued and placed under arrest. The bike belonged to a BU student.

Man touches student’s feet without consent

A student reported that an unknown, middle aged, 6-foot, African-American man in a camouflage jacket was trying to touch her feet while she was studying in a cubicle at Mugar Memorial Library on Friday at about 9 p.m. The student notified security, and the man left the library.

Warren Towers evacuated following 14th floor fire

There was a fire at 700 Commonwealth Ave. on the 14th floor of Warren Towers at about 5:51 a.m. on Saturday. A student’s fan overheated, and the bedding caught fire. The student was able to extinguish the fire with a water bottle. The Boston Fire Department responded, and Emergency Medical Services treated the student for smoke inhalation, but she refused transportation to a hospital. Damage was confined to the bed, the bedding and some linen.

Alcohol possession

Three underage BU students were found in possession of alcohol at 52 Buswell St. on Saturday at about 7:10 p.m. The alcohol was confiscated, and the students received a summons to appear in Roxbury District Court.