Campus Crime logs: Feb. 26 – March 3

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department from Feb. 26 to March 3.

Laptop stolen from Cummington Mall

A male student’s laptop was stolen from his office at the Mathematics and Statistics Building at 111 Cummington Mall on Feb. 26 between 3:25 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. The computer was valued at $350.

Minors caught urinating in West Campus

Two non­affiliated males were caught urinating outside Landry’s Bicycles at the intersection of St.Paul Street and Commonwealth Avenue Friday at approximately 8:23 p.m. The males, juveniles aged 16 and 17, were intoxicated and found in possession of alcohol. Officers brought the minors to the station and called their parents. They will be summoned in court under charges of minors in possession of alcohol.

Student’s belongings taken from car

A 25­-year-­old female student reported Friday at approximately 10:42 p.m. that the rear­side window of her vehicle was smashed open. A laptop, headphones and a computer bag were taken from the car, which was parked on the first floor garage at 750 Commonwealth Ave. Detectives hope to check the video feed to see who entered and exited the garage at the approximate time of the theft.

Student encounters scam artist

A male student reported Saturday at approximately 12 p.m. that he was approached by a male who asked him for money to repair a flat tire in front of the College of Fine Arts at 855 CommonwealthAve. It is unclear if the suspect, who matched the description of a scam artist known to target the area, managed to scam any money from the student.

Student becomes suspicious after possible scam

BUPD received a report Saturday at approximately 1:21 p.m. from an 18­-year-­old female student who was suspicious about a possible scam. The student reported that a male tried to hire her as a nanny through the online service care.com. After receiving a check that exceeded her salary offer, the student said the male requested that she send the rest to a third party. When she became suspicious and tried to return the check, he began to text her threats. The incident is under investigation.

Fire extinguishers sound fire alarm in StuVi I

Officers responded to a fire alarm late Saturday night at Student Village I at 10 Buick St. Upon arrival at the scene, officers determined that chemical dust from fire extinguishers had set off the alarm, and there was no sign of fire.

Counterfeit bill used at Barnes & Noble

A counterfeit $20 bill passed at approximately 10 a.m. on Saturday at Barnes & Noble Bookstore @ BU at 660 Beacon St. The incident was reported to BUPD, and officers took custody of the fake bill.