City and Driver: Damage

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department news blog from Feb. 22 to Feb. 27.

On Feb. 25 at 9:51 p.m., officers arrested a woman in her twenties after a 911 caller reported a woman driving a car had hit several other vehicles around 297 Faneuil St. A witness said she had hit his car and another, and that when the suspect walked out of her car she fell to the ground. The suspect was sitting on the sidewalk when the officers arrived, suspecting she was intoxicated. The suspect said she had “screwed up, gotten fired from her job and [gone] drinking,” according to the report. Police assisted the stumbling woman to their police car.

DON’T BE A BOGART, MAN

At 63 Strathmore Rd., a man found lying in the street, only partly conscious, told the police at about 12:05 a.m. on Feb. 26 he had been beaten by two men in his vicinity. One of those men admitted to this and said he thought the victim deserved it, since he had stolen the money they had given him to buy marijuana for them. The assailants were both charged with assault, but the victim may face charges, too.

IS THAT YOU, PLAXICO?

At the Who’s on First nightclub at 19 Yawkey Way, police arrested a man they said left a nightclub with a partially full beer bottle and a gun in his waistband early on the morning of Feb. 27. It was suspected that he was both too young to drink and too young to carry a gun. While the officers arrested him, two other men interrupted and were then charged with disorderly conduct. When the officers took all three to the station, they found a fake ID and some pot in the underage person’s pockets.

HE SAID, SHE SAID

At about 12:30 a.m. on Feb. 27 officers saw a fight at a Citizen’s Bank ATM around the intersection of Adams Street and Dorchester Avenue. A woman appeared to be blocking a man trying to leave as she was grabbing his jacket. Officers separated both individuals to speak to them. The man said he had been using the ATM to get rent money when the woman came up behind him and attempted to rob him. The woman said the man had grabbed her neck and assaulted her. The officers decided the man was right and arrested the 25-year-old woman.

HIGH WAY

On Feb. 22 at about 6:29 p.m., officers on patrol on the Cummins Highway smelled marijuana emanating from the car ahead of them. They pulled up beside the vehicle and found the driver with a lit joint in hand. When the police pulled the man over, they asked if he was smoking. The driver said he was smoking a joint and though he had thrown it away, he still had some in his car.