Arts & Entertainment, The Muse

Baby, I like it: A night out with Enrique

A sea of Pauly D’s and wannabe Shakiras   crowded TD Garden on Thursday night for what I will officially deem as an “Enrique fest.”

Though Pitbull, who was supposed to open for Enrique, was a no-show (I’m no longer a Pitbull fan, since he couldn’t dale from Miami), myself and my fellow Latino-music lovers were getting’ crazy from the moment the doors opened at 7 p.m.

The party had already begun even BEFORE Enrique graced the TD Garden stage with his sexy self.  The balcony, where I was sitting, was a full-on rager, with no empty seats and constant dancing.

Suddenly, it happened: The beat of his hit “Tonight I’m Loving You” began blaring through the speakers…but I could barely hear over the screams.

“ENRIQUE WE LOVE YOU,” yelled one fan, who looked like she would jump off the balcony to touch Enrique’s biceps (I don’t blame her).

Another fan, a straight male (at least I think so), started a chant of “Enrique Enrique,” while fist pumping (I knew big E was popular in the Jersey Shore).

Enrique followed “Tonight I’m Loving You” with his next top-of-the-charts song, “Dirty Dancer.”

And let me tell you, there was definitely some dirty dancing going on in the audience. It was as if everyone there thought if Enrique saw them “dirty dancing,” he’d stop what he was doing and marry them right then and there.

And actually, for two lucky fans, this dirty dancing technique kind of worked. You see, Enrique, being the sex god he is, did the unexpected: He brought not one – but two girls on stage to serenade them (one at the end of the concert and one in the middle).

The first girl spoke Spanish so Enrique serenaded her with “No Me Digas Que No” and handed her a glass of rum so they could toast Boston together. He slow danced and sung to the second girl.  But this time, he moved her hands onto his butt as they were dancing and then KISSED HER. The crowd went crazy.

“Is this real life?” I asked my friend. She just shook her head, “Who knows.”

But that’s not all. At the start of his song, “Bailamos,” Enrique jumped out into the crowd. When this happened, all hell broke loose. Literally, all the girls from the front and middle section jumped over seats to get near him.  Security tried to stop the stampede but Enrique screamed “HEY! SECURITY! Let Boston do whatever the f— they want!”

Thanks, Enrique!  He ended with “I Like It” which despite Pitbull’s absence (Where were you, buddie?) was awesome.  The concert finally finished after four encores.

Following the epic end, confetti and flying balloons (with “EI” for Enrique Iglesias written on them) were released throughout TD Garden.  Oh, Enrique – despite your sexual ambiguity, I confess to you that you can run, you can hide but you can’t escape my love because not just tonight, but forever, I am loving you.

1. The concert was terrible i wasted my hard earned money for a good seat! Never ever again.