Campus, City, News

BU student critically injured in drive-by assault

A Boston University student was the victim of assault early Saturday morning near South Campus and is now in critical condition at a local hospital, officials said.

BU spokesman Colin Riley confirmed that Boston Police Department officials are still investigating the incident and are seeking three suspects.

“A male student was injured in an incident that Boston Police are investigating,” Riley said.

The incident occurred at approximately 2:50 a.m. on Saturday at the intersection of Beacon Street and Park Drive near BU residences on Buswell Street and Mountfort Street, according to a Sunday post on www.bpdnews.com, Boston Police Department’s official blog.

The blog post stated officers responded to reports of a fight in the South Campus area, which is near the St. Mary’s stop on the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority C line.

The 27-year-old male victim told BPD officers from district D-4 he was confronted by three suspects in a dark motor vehicle who assaulted him by punching and kicking him.

Various news outlets report that the student was a Navy veteran who is in his sophomore year at BU.

The victim was transported to Brigham and Women’s Hospital, where he is being treated for injuries and is listed in critical condition.

At the time of the incident, the suspects fled the area. Witnesses who observed the attack described them to police as three black males.

“The Boston Police Department is actively investigating facts and circumstances surrounding this incident,” the blog posted stated. “Anyone with information is asked to call District D-4 (South End) detectives at 617-343-4683.”

Police officials are also asking community members to call CrimeStoppers with any details, according to the blog post. Those with information can call (800) 494-8477 or can text the word ‘TIP’ to 27463. Students and residents can come forward anonymously if they so choose.

1. It’s hard to feel sorry for Boston liberals who get a taste of the diversity they have been forcing on Americans for all too long. It’s high time liberalism began costing liberals as much as it costs Americans.

When the border fence is finally built, I hope it is built to exclude everything north of the Potomac. It’s the only way America will survive liberalism.

2. That makes sense, that border fence that will exclude everything north of the Potomac will really help siphon immigrants from Mexico up to the Northeast! Or perhaps you’re really concerned about Canadian immigrants running roughshod on the streets of America.