CAMPUS CRIME LOGS: Sept. 23 to Sept. 29

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Sept. 23 to Sept. 29

Woman verbally assaulted

On Tuesday at 1:15 p.m.., a man approached a woman at 590 Commonwealth Ave. and aggressively asked for her personal information, which she refused to give to him. She subsequently reported it to police officers.

Man placed under arrest after road rage

On Wednesday at 9:58 a.m., a non-affiliate on a bicycle was seen exhibiting extreme road rage toward another vehicle at the intersection of Comm. Ave. and St. Paul St. The man on the bicycle spit on the other vehicle before the police were able to stop him. Police promptly put this man under arrest after officials realized the man already had two active arrest warrants.

Student found in possession of marijuana

At 270 Babcock St., a student was found using marijuana at 1:39 a.m. on Thursday morning. The student was subsequently cited for possession of drugs.

Monk escorted off BU property

At 11 a.m. on Wednesday, officers found a self-proclaimed traveling monk who was approaching students at the George Sherman Union at 775 Comm. Ave. Officers warned the monk and asked him to leave and to remain off BU property.

Stolen credit card 

On Thursday at 11 a.m. on 595 Commonwealth Ave., a woman reported her American Express credit card was stolen from her office and used fraudulently after she discovered it had gone missing.

Bait bike stolen

At 2 p.m. on Thursday, a non-affiliated individual stole a “bait bike” placed on campus by BUPD officers at 595 Comm. Ave. to try to catch bike thieves. The man was placed under arrest for theft.

Police officer assaulted

At 500 Beacon St. on Friday, a female police officer was observing an intoxicated man at 3 a.m. when he became violent and assaulted her. After more police arrived for backup, the non-affiliate was taken into custody and was charged with assault.

Alcohol confiscated at Warren Towers

Officers were called Saturday night at 11:39 p.m. about a party on the 17th floor of Warren Towers. When officers arrived they found five BU students and several bottles of alcohol at the scene. The alcohol was confiscated.

1. Why wouldn’t the BU Police summon a municipal department such as Boston or Brookline PD to handle a road rage arrest on a public roadway…not their primary source of responsibility…