Campus crime logs: Jan. 18 – 23

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department’s crime logs from Jan. 18-23.

Crime Log
The Boston University Police Department station. Incidents this week include a threat to commit crime, a suspicious package, unwanted people, and theft by false pretenses online. ANNALYN KUMAR/DFP FILE

Threat to commit crime at 635 Commonwealth Ave.

On Monday, Jan. 23, between 10:33 a.m. and 12:06 p.m., a student reported that she received threatening texts from one of her roommates’ friends accusing her of stealing “a pipe.” The student was allegedly “nervous, scared and emotional.” BUPD sent an officer to speak with her.

BUPD did a follow-up investigation at 9:09 p.m. the same day, after the student reported receiving more threats.

Suspicious package at 100 Bay State Rd.

BUPD was notified of a suspicious blue duffel bag in the roadway near 100 Bay State Rd. on Wednesday, Jan. 18 at 8 p.m., which turned out to be a Domino’s pizza bag that had fallen off of a car.

Theft by false pretenses online

A caller reported they received a scam email from a BU professor requesting information sometime between Monday, Jan. 16 at 2:00 p.m. and Wednesday, Jan. 18 at 11 a.m.

Unwanted person at 575 Commonwealth Ave.

On Friday, Jan. 20 at 5:46 p.m., a parking supervisor reported a homeless person making a mess in the garage on the basement level. The homeless person was removed and warned by BUPD. 

Unwanted person at 665 Commonwealth Ave.

On Sunday, Jan. 22, at 4:25 p.m., BUPD cleared parties out of the building, as it was closed for the weekend.

Anonymous tip in narcotics investigation at 194 Bay State Rd.

On Friday, Jan. 20, BUPD received an anonymous tip about multiple people involved with marijuana. The anonymous tipster did not reply to requests for additional information. Officers at the scene reported four people in the room and no signs of anything illegal.