Campus, Crime Logs, News

Campus Crime Logs: September 8 – 14

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department’s crime logs from Sept. 8-14

The Boston University Police Department station. This week’s crime logs include assisting another police agency, an intoxicated party, two hit pedestrians, unarmed robbery, breaking and entering, past bike theft and more. ANNALYN KUMAR/DFP FILE

Well-being Check at 10 Buick St.

At 10:55 a.m. on Sept. 8, the mother of a BU affiliate called and said that her child had been suffering from depression and mental illness and had not responded to her messages since yesterday.

BUPD found the party on the phone with their parents. No medical attention was required.

Assisting other Police Agency at 34 Harvard St.

A party walked into the station at 4:36 p.m. on Sept. 8 stating that they believed that they were drugged at the above address. Boston Police Department was notified.

Intoxicated Party at 610 Beacon St.

At 2:52 a.m. on Sept. 9, a security supervisor stated that a male party was lying outside of the building. Security at the location called back to inform BUPD that the individual said that he was “all good” and left. The individual also stated that he was not a student at BU.

Hit Pedestrian at Commonwealth Ave. and Kenmore St.

BPD reported a pedestrian struck at the above location at 7:35 p.m. on Sept. 9. A BUPD officer reported that there was no pedestrian struck, and that instead a cyclist had hit a car, abandoned the bike and took off running toward Bay State Road. Boston Fire Department and Boston Emergency Medical Services were at the scene. The Bay State Road area was checked for the party who fled.

Unarmed Robbery at 700 Commonwealth Ave.

A caller reported that they were jumped by an unknown number of parties outside of the above address near the park at 640 Commonwealth Ave. The incident occurred sometime between 10:53 p.m. and 11:55 p.m. on Sept. 9.

Suspicious Person at 275 Babcock St.

Security reported parties on the roof at 12:50 a.m. on Sept. 10. BU Facilities Management and Operations was notified to assist BUPD officers in gaining roof access. An officer gained access to the roof and checked it, finding no signs of anybody up there. Roof access was then secured.

Breaking and Entering, Resisting Arrest at 300 Babcock St.

A BUPD unit was approached by two students stating that their house had been broken into sometime between 3:43 a.m. and 3:47 a.m. on Sept. 10. BUPD detained an individual outside of 300 Babcock St. at 4:53 a.m. The party was transported back to the station and placed under arrest for breaking and entering, as well as for resisting arrest.

Hit Pedestrian at 735 Commonwealth Ave.

Sometime between 12:20 p.m. and 5:59 p.m. on Sept. 12, a party was struck by a motor vehicle while on a scooter. The party was not injured, but the scooter was damaged. The owner of the vehicle was supposed to send money for the repair of the scooter but the caller never received it.

Past Bike Theft at 100 Bay State Rd.

At 7:13 p.m. on Sept. 14, a caller reported a past larceny of a scooter from in front of the above address. The party then called back and stated that a friend had taken the scooter as a joke and had since returned it.

Vandalism at 665 Commonwealth Ave.

At 9:20 p.m. on Sept. 14, a caller reported that their bike tires were slashed in the bike room at the address. A BUPD unit spoke to the caller, who stated that their tires were actually not slashed but instead had just lost air.