Lifestyle

A love letter to fall | Maia’s Inner Monologue

Dear readers,

It’s that time of the year again — fall is here, and I just have to gush about my absolute favorite season. When the leaves turn red and orange and the air becomes crisper, my heart feels lighter, and my sweaters get heavier.

Lila Baltaxe | Senior Graphic Artist

Home Goods with my mom

One of the reasons I love fall so much involves a simple yet heartwarming ritual I share with my mom. Every year as autumn rolls in, we make sure to take a trip to Home Goods together.

The store is my personal heaven, overflowing with pumpkins, comfy blankets and spiced scented candles, and I’m instantly tempted to buy it all.

But this tradition means more to me than just home decor — it’s a beautiful and fun way of celebrating me and my mother’s shared love for fall and home-making. So, when Thanksgiving break comes around, you’ll find my mom and me strolling the aisles of Home Goods, searching for the perfect autumn trinkets.

The Penzer family’s kosher & gluten-free Thanksgiving 

Fall isn’t just about the aesthetics — it’s a season of yummy food. My dad takes it upon himself to meticulously plan and prepare for our Thanksgiving feast in the months leading up to the big day, which is great for me and my family because we get to enjoy a month-long feast sampling all the dishes!

He’s determined to ensure it’s gluten-free and kosher — making it accessible to everyone at our gathering. Our kitchen becomes his canvas, where recipes are perfected and the scent of turkey and stuffing fills the air. It’s a testament to the love and warmth of the season.

Nail polish transition

Autumn also marks the time for subtle yet significant personal transitions and growth. For me, it’s the shift from my usual light-pink nails to the allure of deep-red wine shades. You know it’s fall when you see my nails adorned in red polish.

As I carefully apply that first coat of  vermillion polish, I can’t help but feel a connection with the season. Not to mention, dark red nails make me feel like an absolute bad b*tch. If you’re ever feeling down, trust me — red nails cure everything.

Embracing the comfort of fall 

In the embrace of fall, it genuinely feels to me like the world slows down a bit. It’s a chance to savor life’s simple pleasures: the rustling leaves, the aroma of Thanksgiving food being cooked and the joy of spending time with loved ones.

As you embark on your own journey through this season, I hope my love letter to fall has sparked a new appreciation for the comfort it brings into our lives.

Until next time,

Maia

1. As always, a truly amazing insight into the inner machinations of your mind. Autumn is the best season, hands down! I loved hearing the way you made sure to appreciate all the little details that this wonderful season brings. Looking forward to reading your next article!