Must-attend BU men’s hockey games in 2015-16

PHOTO BY JUSTIN HAWK/DFP FILE PHOTO
PHOTO BY JUSTIN HAWK/DFP FILE PHOTO

Nov. 14 — Home vs. Providence College, 4 p.m.
Last year’s two national finalists meet again at Agganis Arena following Boston University’s crushing 4-3 loss to the Friars in the title game. Both teams lost two of their biggest stars to the pros — Providence’s Jon Gillies and BU’s Jack Eichel — but the two squads are expected to be front-runners in Hockey East once again.

Nov. 20 and 21 — Home vs. University of Michigan, 6 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Then-junior forward Matt Lane provided a late goal last season in the Terriers’ 3-2 win over the Wolverines on Oct. 25, 2014, and the win showed early signs that BU would be an elite team. This year, Michigan travels to Boston for a two-game series, which should prove to be a high-powered set between last year’s top two offenses in the nation.

Nov. 28 — Red Hot Hockey vs. Cornell University at Madison Square Garden, 8 p.m.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving, BU has the opportunity to play on one of the biggest stages in sports when they travel to New York to face historic rival Cornell. BU took the last Kelley-Harkness trophy when the teams met in 2013. If you’re in the New York area during Thanksgiving break, this game is a great chance to watch some BU hockey in a spectacular setting.

Jan. 15 — Away vs. Boston College, 6 p.m.
When dorms open on Jan. 15, be sure to move in early enough to hop on the B Line and arrive in Chestnut Hill for this always-feisty matchup. The Eagles are the preseason No. 1 pick nationally, and the Terriers are expected to be not too far behind. But get your tickets early — last year, Conte Forum was sold out for the rivalry game, and this year will certainly be no different.

Feb. 12 — Home vs. University of Massachusetts Lowell, 7:30 p.m.
In a rematch of last year’s two conference tournament finalists, the Terriers will face off against a perennial powerhouse. BU owned the matchup between the two teams last season, beating the Riverhawks in all three games — but Norm Bazin’s squad, which won back-to-back Hockey East titles in 2013 and 2014, is always tricky, and returns several top starters from last year.

Sarah covers men's hockey and other sports for The Daily Free Press, and is the chairman of Back Bay Publishing Co., Inc. She served as Editor-in-Chief of the FreeP during the Spring 2014 semester and was Sports Editor in Fall 2013. She has also written for the Boston Globe and seattlepi.com. When she's not writing, she loves baking and going to concerts. You can contact her by tweeting her at @Kirkpatrick_SJ or emailing her at sjkirkpa@bu.edu.