City, News

City Crime Logs: Blades of fury

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from Oct. 11 to Oct. 16.

Blades of Fury

On Friday at about 1:28 p.m., officers responded to a radio call for a person pulling a knife on a security guard inside the parking lot at 370 Western Ave. in Brighton. The victim said the suspect was inside the Star Market store causing trouble, at which point one of the store managers asked the victim to escort the man off of the premises. The suspect swung his hand at the victim several times while on their way out of the store. When they got out of the store, the suspect stopped outside the entrance, turned to the victim and pulled a knife on him. The victim managed to knock the knife out of the suspect’s hand and took it when it fell to the ground.

The victim later turned in the knife to the police and identified the suspect, and said he could smell alcohol from the suspect’s breath. The suspect was arrested, taken to the police station for booking and was charged with assault by means of a dangerous weapon. The officers turned the knife in as evidence. An interpreter read the suspect his rights because he spoke Russian.


Stolen swag

On Saturday, a victim reported that sometime after he fell asleep at about 12:30 a.m., someone broke into his apartment on Gardner Street in North Brighton. When the victim woke up, he found many items missing from his bedroom, including a Samsung Galaxy Phone, a Michael Kors wallet, a Chase credit card, a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses, a North Face backpack, $200 in bills and a MacBook laptop. The total value of the stolen items is estimated to be more than $2,300.


Unfair cabbie

At about 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, officers answered a phone call from a victim who stated that she was forced by a cab operator to pay the fare from Logan Airport. The victim said the driver refused to return her bags unless she paid the amount he demanded. The victim said she used the credit card machine in the back seat of the cab to pay. After she swiped her card and accepted the payment, a message on the machine thanked her for the payment.

The driver said the payment had not gone through and insisted that she make the payment again. The driver then got in the back seat with the victim and made her swipe her card under the flat rate. The victim said the first payment was $46.10 and the second payment was $40.10. The driver gave the victim a receipt for the second payment, threw her luggage onto the sidewalk and then drove away.

The victim managed to snap a picture of the license plate as the car drove away, which she later submitted to the police.

Comments are closed.