Letters to Editor, Opinion

LETTER: On the fair and balanced Israel-Palestine Discourse

Boston, a city replete with college students, should, in response, be replete with political discourse. This discourse is healthy. At a time when students are not only discovering their independence but also figuring out their own political views, it is encouraged.

The Right of Return Conference, an event hosted in Boston University’s Law School, claimed to be, “inclusive of all voices implied in the context of a post-return Palestine.” Guest lecturers were invited to speak on the subject.
This conference, however, did not present all sides of an argument that the Boston community needed to form an educated opinion.

Not only did the speakers represent a one-sided narrative and ignore other commentaries, but the conference’s “call for papers” did not to encourage dialogue or productive discourse. Many students submitted abstracts that questioned the Palestinian Right of Return and Implementation, and there have been no answers to these submissions. Excluding arguments from a debate only blinds the public from the wider scope of arguments that they should be exposed to in order to be informed decision makers.

The Right of Return Conference presented one side of a very complicated situation that deserves more time. The Boston community should educate itself. Being well informed will encourage discourse and development of ideas, but only if all sides of the issue are presented.

This is why I encourage the students of the Boston area to become well informed on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through other outlets. Speak to someone in your campus Israel group, research the issue for yourself and come up with your own conclusions. You can also visit www.rightofreturnexposed.com, where we have provided some valuable resources for you to form your own opinion, because, after all, isn’t that what college is all about?

1. I love it when Muslims lecture us about diversity or accuse Israel of ethnic cleansing, apartheid or intolerance. What follows is the percentage Muslim demographic in the following countries. Bear in mind when studying these statistics that in every one of these countries 1,400 years ago (or less) Islam did not even exist.

Afghanistan 100% Muslim (Once Buddhist, Hindu)
    Algeria 99% Muslim (Once Berber)
    Bahrain 100% Muslim (Once Zoroastrain, Christian)
    Iraq 95% Muslim (Once Christian, Jewish, Zoroastrian)
    Iran 98% Muslim (Once Christian, Zoroastrian, etc…)
    Morocco 99% Muslim (Once Berber, Christian, etc…)
    Mauritania 100% Muslim (Once Animist)
    Somalia 100% Muslim (Once Animist, etc…)
    Saudi Arabia 100% Muslim (Once Jewish, Christian, Zoroastrian, etc…)

Sudan 97% Muslim (Recent history teaches us what happened to all the non-Muslims in Sudan. It’s called genocide.)

2. Are people who support Hamas akin to people who supported the Nazis?

Seems to me they are.

Nazis destroyed all the Jews of Europe. Hamas never stops talking about destroying Jews.

Nazis depicted Jews as beneath contempt just as Hamas does. Nazis blamed Jews for all their problems and so does Hamas.

Seems to me the only difference is Hamas does not have the military required to really kill off all the Jews of Israel. If they did have these weapons everyone knows they would use them as indiscriminately as the Nazis did.

I wonder what sort of person supports an organization that is today’s Nazis. What moral and intellectual blindness do these Nazi worshippers suffer from?