EDITORIAL: The Boston Globe unabashedly satirizes future Donald Trump presidency

The Boston Globe offered a glimpse into a possible American future Saturday — one with President Donald Trump. The Globe published “a front page in Trump’s America” Saturday on the cover of the “Ideas” section. The fake front page’s headlines read “Deportations to begin,” “US soldiers refuse to kill ISIS families” and, ironically, “Trump on Nobel prize shortlist.”

The Globe’s editorial page editor Ellen Clegg told Reuters that the project was executed by the editorial staff and had no involvement from the newsroom. No other major metropolitan daily newspaper has done political satire on this level in Clegg’s 30 years working for the Globe, she told Reuters.

This is satire at its least funny and most terrifying. The Boston Globe, one of the largest metropolitan papers in the country, is taking a stand against Trump without feeding his positive exposure.

At first glance, it seems like something straight out of The Onion. But the Globe’s editorial team did its research. The articles are written like any other Globe article, with information pulled directly from Trump’s policies and speeches. This is real life.

This is the Globe’s way of making the country confront a future with Trump. This is what being supportive or indifferent of Trump’s campaign entails. Supporters and apathetic Americans alike have to be OK with this bleak picture.

The fake opinion page most likely won’t change the minds of any Trump supporters — if they haven’t seen the light by now, it’s hopeless — but it will hopefully incite thoughts in those passively laughing along with Trump. The Donald thrives off of people talking about him. The more his name comes up, the stronger he becomes.

Trump is under a spotlight in a way no other presidential candidate has been before. People get so caught up in the toupee and outlandish behavior that they don’t realize the presidential election isn’t a reality show. It’s the future. Trump has turned the media into his own circus, and he’s the ringleader. It’s all fun and games until Trump actually wins the election.

Whatever the media have done so far in spreading anti-Trump sentiment has not worked. The man still has a thriving campaign. But at least people are talking about the Globe’s bold editorial.

It’s a testament to how far a news organization can go without totally overstepping its bounds. Yes, this is very obviously a product of the Globe’s editorial board, but the sheer time, energy and dedication to make this shows how motivated the Globe is to not get Trump elected.

Because the Globe can’t be opinionated in its reporting of Trump, the fake section is the newspaper’s way of objectively predicting the future.

This is the antithesis to the Globe’s January endorsement of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton for the Democratic primary.

This isn’t a subtle jab to Trump by exclusively using unflattering photos of him. This is media war. The entire editorial team devoted time to write the fake stories, and the Globe had to spend money to print this page in color and distribute it to subscribers. The Globe is making a statement with both the power of its words and the power in its pocket. That’s how much it cares.

The Globe is putting its credibility on the line for publishing something of this magnitude. Some readers are bound to misunderstand the publication’s intentions or get frustrated at its overtly political stance. But the page is obviously fake. It was published in the “Ideas” section and dated for 2017.

Nobody thinks about a post-Trump world. This is a glimpse at a grim future. The future of international relations, not just this country, depends on the outcome of the next presidential election.

Unlike other news outlets, the Globe is definitely not covering Trump for the clicks. It’s not capitalizing on the goofy statements Trump makes at each of his rallies. The editorial page is taking the core values of Trump’s campaign and applying them to reality. In an age with too many voices in the media, this is The Boston Globe’s way of being heard. And its warning to the rest of the world? Stop Trump while it’s still possible.

1. INVESTIGATE THE STATISTICS AT http://www.usillegalaliens.com/ and also read http://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/

1. The Border Patrol arrested 39,215 “other-than-Mexicans,” along the Southwest border. In 2004, the number jumped to 65,814. DHS admits they only catch an estimated 1/3 of the border crossers. Ultimate collateral damage costs of the ones not caught are unknown.

2. According to FBI Estimates on Number of Arrests in 2005 in the United States and applying a straight 5% of population representation, illegal aliens would have committed 704,709 crimes in 2005. Based on an average of $25,000 per crime, the costs would be $17.6 billion. Some estimates have their involvement much higher.

3. Based on a GAO report of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated in federal, state, and local facilities during 2003 and extrapolating the average number of offenses out across all 267,000 incarcerated illegal alien criminals’ results in some 1,288,619 crimes! Based on an average of $25,000 per crime, the costs would be $32.2 billion. Another estimated 240,000 criminal illegal aliens are not incarcerated.

4. Professor David Anderson reports that the net annual burdened costs of crime, in 2006 dollars that would be $1.62 TRILLION. A 5% illegal alien participation would be $81 BILLION. Some studies indicate the participation of illegal aliens is much higher than representation.

5. 80,000 to 100,000 illegal aliens who have been convicted of serious crimes still walk the streets. As previously noted, based on studies, those illegal alien criminal will commit 13 offenses each. Total costs are unknown.

6. An estimated 2,258,550 pounds of cocaine made it through the southern border with an estimated street value conservatively estimated $72.2 BILLION. Resulting costs of the associated crime is unknown. Assume 50% is paid for through crime.

7. There are currently over 400,000 unaccounted for illegal alien criminals with outstanding deportation orders. Those are just the ones apprehended. At least one fourth of these are hard core criminals. Resulting costs are unknown.

8. Researcher Deborah Schurman-Kauflin Ph.D. of the Violent Crimes Institute, reports that the illegal alien population includes 240,000 sex offenders – a “conservative estimate.” Based on studies, they will commit 130,909 sex crimes annually. Using $50,000 as the average total economic impact, resulting costs are:

9. 63% of the sexual crimes, 82,473 victims, were committed by previously deported perverts who returned to commit the crime. Using $50,000 as the average total economic impact, this would be $4.1 BILLION – more than the cost of a proper border fence along the southern border.

10. Operation Predator resulted in 6,085 child predator arrests. Some pedophile statistics report that each pedophile molests average of 148 children. If so, that could be as many as 900,580 victims. Resulting costs are unknown.

11. Estimates that MS-13 has over 15,000 members and associates in at least 115 different cliques in 33 states, and these numbers are continually increasing. .Resulting costs are unknown.

12. In one report, mostly illegal alien Hispanics were involved in 25% of the fatal traffic accidents, an astounding 5 times as much participation as representation. In those accidents, 75% of the drivers had no auto insurance, nearly all of the vehicles driven by migrants were registered to other drivers, and 93% of the vehicles had false out-of-state tags. Resulting costs are unknown.

13. Illegal aliens are often involved in DWIs at a rate that is 3-6 times greater than their representation in the population. Resulting costs are unknown.

14. At a 5% representation, illegal aliens are responsible for 844 alcohol related fatalities. Data suggests their participation is actually far higher. (Rep. King states that illegal aliens were responsible for 4,745 alcohol related fatalities. If so, that would 5.6 times as many deaths as representation.) Resulting costs are unknown.

15. Based on NHTSA data and a 5% participation rate, illegal are responsible for 309,050 accidents, 2,132 deaths, 139,400 injuries, and a cost of $11.5 billion. Data suggest their involvement is much higher, maybe 3-5 times higher.

Most Americans who take the time to study the burdening issues, that will see that Donald Trump is correct and along with his professional advisory team, will dig us out of the ruin of tax, and spend. The main objective is building the wall as the to end the invasion, that will help to alleviate the human drug caravans However along with this barrier we are desperate for a President that will take our National Security as a priority?

2. DONALD TRUMP IS CORRECT WHEN HE SAYS THAT ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE TREATED BETTER FOR HEALTHCARE, WHEN OUR VETERANS HAVE TO WAIT WEEKS FOR AN APPOINTMENT. THE MIDDLE EASTERN REFUGEES THAT ARE ARRIVING INTO OUR NATION ARE IMMEDIATELY SETTLED WITH A PLACE TO LIVE IN KANSAS CITY WITH ALL THE BENEFITS OF A CITIZEN, WHILE VETS ARE LEFT HOMELESS, WITHOUT HOPE. IT’S WRONG, AND TRUMP WILL END THE TWISTED MEASURES OF THIS PRESENT GOVERNMENT AND THE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Facing a growing massive 19 Trillion deficit, with just left in half swollen by lenient immigration programs and other issues, we the taxpayer are being forced to support foreigners and soon Syrian Refugees that cannot be vetted and a further danger to our society. Our Constitution was given to us by the framers, and we must tolerate any form of Sheria law, especially when it comes to our females, this is why they will not assimilate into our country.

Obama has made life for regular Americans worse than any previous President. He has given right to unlawful foreigners such as a wide spectrum of welfare programs, while millions of citizens, legal immigrant must beg for food stamps. There are an estimated 5.1 million ESL students in the USA. If 90% of the ESL students are children of illegal aliens then the education costs for children of illegal aliens is about $34.5 billion per year. Many illegal aliens are carrying horrific third world diseases. In the 40 years prior to 2002, there were only 900 total cases of leprosy in the US. In the following three years there have been 9,000 cases. TB is epidemic in many illegal alien communities and a new Multiple-Drug-Resistant (MDR) TB is spreading. Each person infected with TB will infect 10 others; treating a single case of MDR TB costs between $250,000 and $1,200,000 per person. Resulting costs are unknown.

National Academy of Sciences study estimated that immigration’s net benefit to the American economy is only $10 billion. This item is included to illustrate one of the very few real economic benefits of tolerating illegal aliens. Most of the other benefits of illegal aliens “doing the work that Americans won’t” at lower wages goes into the pockets of their employers.

A Rice University study calculated that in 2006 the net annual cost of legal and illegal immigration will add up to $108 billion. Illegal immigration is about half the total. The costs have risen to $113 Billion dollars today.

A country is no country when its elected officials break the law, and ignore their oath of allegiance for money.

Think you know everything about the illegal alien invasion. Then think again? See what the National media hides from you and it’s not just a common theft? Under the Obama administration and I would suggest complicity; the mainstream media have done nothing to you but lied.

With a hard nosed, take no prisoner Donald Trump as President nobody will escape the long arm of the law. Below is why we are desperate for a towering wall, with a heavy deployment of US Border Agents.

3. NO TRUMP! NO VOTE!

Just to clear up the simulated aggressive front page of the Boston Globe dated April 9, and the attack on Donald Trump, the man who would be president. Perhaps the editorial board should read the facts, and not a bunch of trash drummed up by the Globes corporate owner John William Henry II, an investment banker. I very much doubt if Trump can move by force the millions of illegal aliens squatting in this sovereign nation, but he can build a magnificent wall to somewhat stop the drugs and allowing Obama’s orders to not restrain millions more foreign nationals entering through a porous border we now have currently.

More stringent rules and regulations will be imposed, with recruiting twice as many Border Patrol agents to guard the wall with new technology and unmanned drones. But to accomplish a no tolerance Trump policy, ICE agents will be provided with the obligation to raid businesses and the auditing same entities with portable E-Verify digital check, using access to numerous data bases. And further, a new entering and exiting system, to track Overstays and after a mitigating time once their visa has expired, their classification will be that of an illegal alien.

According to codified Federal law it is illegal to assist illegal aliens to gain jobs, protect them from detention and to assist them in gaining public assistance. Under Obama and his Administration has violated this law by giving amnesty to criminal illegal aliens, by stopping border patrol agents from detaining illegal aliens, and drug smugglers as they go through our border. Obama has just walked over the Congress, and ignored laws and added to his legacy of throwing out the Constitution.

Let’s look at some facts about the illegal alien invasion, which illustrates to the American Public what’s never published in the Corporate or Liberal Press. We have an ugly situation that neither party has dared to admit? We have a major issue with illegal immigration with porous enforcement at its best and with serious consequences if it gains more momentum that King Obama has forced down our throats. CHEAP LABOR FOR INCORRIGIBLES BUSINESSES WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE AND THOSE JOBS WILL GO TO CITIZENS/LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. THE DEMOCRATS MUST BE WATCHED, AS JUST LIKE TED CRUZ HAS USED DIRTY TRICKS, THEY WILL PARTICIPATE IN ALL ELEMENTS OF VOTER FRAUD IN PROGRESSING TO THE PRESIDENCY?

THE GOP ESTABLISHMENT BETTER FORGET THE DELEGATE GAME, AS I AM WELL AWARE THAT IF CRUZ, KASICK OR ANYBODY ELSE BECOMES THE NOMINEE, THE TRUMP SUPPORTERS WILL WALK AWAY?

Don’t expect Senator Teddy Cruz, Ohio Governor John Kasick, alleged felon Hillary Clinton or Hard Socialist Bernie Sanders to do anything about it; certainly not build any barrier, which Trump always emphasizes in his raucous debates. Cruz The wall may not be a 100% to stop the influx of drugs, but it will be a major deterrent that will certainly contribute to slowing down the invaders. On line will be a tracking system that every individuals entering and exiting America will be identified and will be on the radar until they leave. It’s intolerable to think that 40 % of illegal arrivals are classed as Overstays and Donald Trump reinforce deportations for both classes.

Ted Cruz has now become the darling of the Republican hierarchy, even though the majority hates him for the time he closed down government. Cruz was involved in the Omnibus budget that adds another 2.2 Trillion dollars to Obamas deficit and voted for more H1-B workers and illegal alien amnesty. Gov. Kasick is not without blame, as he voted for a path to citizenship for illegal aliens. It’s only Trump that is central in stopping any more leniencies; wants the border closed and will through enforcement laws to repatriate foreign national, gangs, and criminals.

4. Do Democrats really think that their paroxysms of fear over Trump are any different from how Republicans react to Obama? It’s all the same–turning your opponents into the Devil Himself to score political points.