Thank You BU!!!

On Thursday November 16th Food and Roofs student group held a door-to-door Thanksgiving food and donation drive benefiting the poorest families in Boston. Because of the generousity of students on this campus 51 families in Boston did not have to make the inhumane decision between putting food on the table and keeping the house warm this Turkey day. The money we raisied went to buy the families a turkey and other Thanksgiving goodies. The canned goods went to stock cupboards for the upcoming too cold winter. Thank you.

We on a single night reaching out to Warren, Myles, Danielsen, the Student Village, Shelton, and West we were able to collect over 40 bags full of food and canned goods, and $908.53 in donations. This was done giving only two days notice to the students. We came with a real need in the community and BU responded. Who says BU is apathetic? Not I.

To everyone who donated and everyone who helped to make this drive happen: Sue, Ross, Nathanial, Jackie, Karina, Marie, Julian, Deirdre, Nina, Susan, Stefania, Mary, Meredith, Dinali, Allen, Obinna, Bertrand, Brian, Beth, Alexa, Reina and anyone else I’m forgeting right now THANK YOU!!!

The food was distributed through the Eastern Service Workers Association. They provide a variety of services to the poorest people in Boston including legal aid, medical services, food, and clothing. If you would like to get invovled more in the community please call them at 617-265-1599.

Finally for anyone who would like to donate more food, money, or clothing please bring it to CAS 319 the CAS Forum office.

Ridwan Schleicher President of Food and Roofs CAS ’03