question about headline

Hi again, Josh. I have to ask: What was the reasoning behind that “Don’t make fun of COM” headline? Did you or whoever wrote that headline think my letter was silly? I greatly appreciate that you ran it, but I feel that the headline trivialized my message.

“Making fun of someone” is a phrase I immediately associate with elementary/middle school. I know my letter was hardly an eloquent piece of prose, but I wasn’t aiming for it to be. I wanted it to be direct and to-the-point. Anthony Pijerov truly offended me when he, in just the second sentence of his letter, threw out that ridiculous ad hominem argument. Does a verbal attack on an entire college within BU have anything to do with Title IX?

Listen, I don’t want you to get the wrong idea. I admire the hell out of you and the rest of the DFP staff. You do excellent work. My good friend Dave Levinthal was a former editor-in-chief of the Syracuse Daily Orange, and hearing stories of those long,hard hours makes me appreciate your dedication even more.

When you get a chance, drop me a line. Thanks so much for your time.

Sincerely, Lauren Krzyzynski COM ’03