‘True 2’ understands Greek life

Mr. Saunders, I was wondering if you really go to Boston University, or if you just watch what goes on here from the little bubble you live in (“Union needs revolutionary slate,” March 28, pg. 6). It concerns me that you are so behind in BU news; have you been quarantined or held captive for the past 20 years? If not, then you have no excuse to make such false comments regarding the Greek system or “True 2.”

Though it is your belief that all that we do is drink, party and watch TV, you are sadly mistaken. If you can look around campus yes, we were allowed back on campus nearly two decades ago you will see all of the work the Greek system has done. Not only have we helped clean up BU, but we have raised money for battered women, AIDS research, cancer research, the soldiers’ families that are impoverished … need I say more? However, you continue to go on about your cable television and its importance. Well, Richard, cable TV is not actively helping the community raise money for causes, nor is it cleaning up the trash that covers the Charles River. And it is certainly is not dancing in the Dance Marathon, a Greek event for the BU community, not some all-Greek party. We, as a Greek community, have members who are active in student government, sports teams, mentoring programs, FYSOP and many more of the outlets BU has to offer.

So now can you see why “True 2” wants to give us money. It’s because we are not lazy couch potatoes like yourself; we are actively making a difference. So stop your whining and recognize that “True 2” is capable of giving you your TV and giving us the money we ask for to help undo what people like you have caused. And just to let you know, Richard, if you took the time to read about “True 2,” you would see that they want to bring educational cable into the residence halls. But then again, if you recognized that piece of their platform, you would have to be actively living on BU’s campus, not in your bubble.