re article: Frats don’t haze or divide campus

In response to this article, I must say, I do agree that frats do not necessarily divide the campus and they do provide a great structure for participants offering them support and friendship. But the fact of the matter is, if someone is not in a frat, through their eyes, fraternities are exclusive clubs. Yes, they are free to pledge if they want to participate, but if they do not then to them, it is a club that is separate from the student community.

Fraternities are sometimes a way of life for certain students and it boils down to it being all subjective. If you like that sort of thing, great. If not, great as well. There should be no right or wrong in this argument.

I do, however, know for a fact that when I was a student at BU, I had many friends in fraternities and there were forms of hazing. There are initiations and I have seen them, heard about them. So to say that they do not go on is false. Just because the fraternities or you say there is no hazing going on doesn’t mean nothing happens.