Who do you think you are?

After reading for Freep for months now, one saying comes to my mind when thinking of the actions of the Student Union, and that is Who do you think you are? First, the constitution committee should really think about their actions. As Theresa Gallo said in her letter on April 9th, the fact that the tribunal walked out needs to be taken more seriously. The very fact that you continued this committee is in breach of the Constitution, and you all should have charges of impeachment drawn against you. Then you lie about correspondence with the Student Activities Office to make them look bad. Do you all feel the urge to deceive the BU population, the ones that you say that you are representing? Second, you create two proposals at the end of your term, and submit them to administrators, demanding a turn-around of one week. Who do you think you are? It takes many weeks to do things at this school. Remember, BUreaucracy? You ask someone like Marc Robillard to turn over a proposal to you in a week, when he is in the midst of assigning all continuing students to housing, worrying about the incoming Freshmen, and all the other issues that are associated with the Office of Housing. You demand the Provost Berkey turn over his proposal on extending the hours of buildings across campus. Do you think that that is something that he can do at the snap of his fingers? I guess that I assumed that being in office a year would have given you all some understanding of BU and what it takes to get things done here. But then again, you know what they say about people who assume things. The way to get things done is not to demand, but to cooperate. You must work with the administration to get good things done. You cannot circumvent the Tribunal and SAO, and make unnecessary and unrealistic demands on administrators. You all have failed at your jobs. It is ashame that BU has elected you to another term. Not only have you not upheld the constitution, but you have disrespected the administrators that could have been your biggest supporters, as well as alienated the students who had supported you. Who do you think you guys are?