Another sordid tale of too much to drink

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District D-14 police reports from Oct. 15-22.

At around 10 p.m. Oct. 20, officers responded to complaints of a loud party on Ashford Street in Allston.

Once inside, officers discovered a severely intoxicated 19-year-old Boston University student crying on the floor, lying in her own vomit. Police called for assistance from Emergency Medical Services.

The woman told officers the party’s host supplied the alcohol she had been drinking. The host and the DJ of the party were arrested for being uncooperative, running a disorderly house and providing alcohol to a minor. The officers allowed a friend to bring the girl home.

Even the Rats Stayed Away

Just after 12:30 a.m. Oct. 18, officers responded to a noise complaint on Haskell Street in Allston. The officers entered the rear of the house where they heard loud music, voices and crashes.

The officers ascended a staircase and opened a door that led to a third-floor apartment where they saw a suspect sitting in a large pile of trash amid broken furniture.

Officers then discovered another stairway completely blocked off by trash that obstructed their path to the suspect. The suspect met police downstairs but refused to open the door.

The officers gained entry through broken windows and inside discovered a filthy apartment. They uncovered a floor ridden with garbage, feces and vomit. The walls were broken and covered in graffiti. The officers arrested the two residents.

The landlord did not answer the police department’s calls.

Mistaking a Mac for a Wallet

Officers received a call of a break-in in progress on Chester Street around 3:30 p.m. Oct. 19. The victim said she walked into her apartment and observed a man standing outside of her bedroom. The man told the victim he had been at the apartment the past Saturday night and that he was looking for his wallet.

The victim told the suspect she had been out of town for the weekend and the suspect left. The victim called police when she noticed her laptop was missing from another room and that the backdoor to her apartment was open.

When officers arrived at the scene a witness in one of the other apartments in the building said she saw the suspect.

The victim said she had not reported the incident until 20 minutes after it happened because she feared for her life and immediately called her father.

A Mysterious Break-In

Just after 4:20 p.m. Oct. 17, the owner of an apartment building on Commonwealth Avenue in Brighton discovered a suspicious person in the basement of his 16-apartment complex.

The suspect was startled when the victim approached him. The suspect said he was looking for “Thomas” on the third floor. The owner of the complex said there was no Thomas on the third floor and that he knew everyone in the building.

The suspect left the complex and the victim drove to the local police station to report the break-in. The victim said there was no forced entry and the basement was locked. He had no idea where or how the suspect gained entry. The victim also said the building is usually empty during the day since his tenants are students and have class.

The victim said he was concerned for his tenants’ safety.