She’s fallen and she can’t get up

The following reports were taken from the

Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from Dec. 3-11.

At roughly 6 p.m. Dec. 3, an elderly woman told healthcare professionals treating her for hypothermia and multiple traumas that she fell out of her fourth-story window.

The victim fell while trying to open her window and lay in the grass for three hours before a maintenance worker found her.

Upon arrival to the scene, officers noted a strong odor of alcohol on the victim’s breath.

A Family Affair

At around 6 p.m. Dec. 6 a man arrived at the police station to report he had been assaulted at a union Christmas Party at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Washington Street when he went to the parking lot to smoke a cigarette.

While he was outside, three men were loading a van and talking. When the victim laughed at something one of the men said, they began arguing, he said.

The first suspect tried to punch the victim but missed. When the victim tried to punch the suspect back, the second suspect, the first suspect’s father, and the third suspect began to assault the victim.

The victim was knocked to the ground where he was punched and kicked by the three suspects. The victim said he attempted to crawl away from the apparently intoxicated suspects.

Further investigation by officers revealed that the victim laughed when the first suspect said he was angry someone at the party had been accused of stealing a beer when there was an open bar.

After the assault, the victim went to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center where he received five stitches on his forehead and five stitches on the bridge of his nose.

A doggone shame

At 9 p.m. Dec. 5 officers were notified of a badly injured dog on Tremont Street.

When officers arrived at the scene, they found a dog tied to a fence and lying in a snowy parking lot. Officers said the dog was extremely thin, was missing a considerable amount of hair and was bleeding from all four legs. They also noted that the dog was unable to stand up and was shivering severely.

The dog’s owner saw the officers through her window and came outside to claim the dog. She said she had only left the dog outside for 15 minutes so it could urinate.

After Boston Animal Control picked up the dog, the animal inspector told officers that the dog was in very bad condition and was malnourished.

The pooch’s owner was given a ticket for having an unlicensed dog, an unvaccinated dog and for possible cruelty to animals.

This Is Your Brain On Drugs

Just after noon Dec. 6 Officers pulled over a white sedan for an expired registration sticker and smelled burnt marijuana as they approached the vehicle.

When officers asked the driver if he had narcotics in the vehicle, he told officers that he had smoked some but there were no more drugs in the car.

When the driver put his hands in his pockets, officers, fearing for their own safety, asked the driver to exit the vehicle. The driver then became belligerent.

After one officer tried to restrain the driver, a struggle ensued as the passengers in the car attempted to help the driver.

Officers reported that during the struggle, they had to repeatedly strike the suspect’s knee to subdue him.

As more officers arrived to the scene, they were able to handcuff the driver and passengers and search the car.