Keep your dirty laundry to yourself

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from
Sept. 28 to Oct. 5.

Officers responded to a call for assault in Brighton at 11:39 p.m. Oct. 3. Officers spoke with a woman who said she got in an argument with a man over laundry. The man showed the woman a knife and said, ‘I am going to stab you.’ A witness in the house said she saw the man come down the stairs with a knife and say ‘Come on, I am going to stab you.’ The man was placed under arrest for assault with a deadly weapon.

Crack is whack

Officers observed two men sitting on the stairwell of an Allston apartment placing items in plastic bags and cutting an unknown substance with a razor around 8:45 p.m. Oct. 2. Officers also saw a scale and a box of plastic bags. When officers approached the men, both tried to run away, but officers caught them and placed them under arrest for possession with intent to distribute in a school zone. Officers recovered 32 plastic bags of tan rocks believed to be crack cocaine along with marijuana, razors and a scale.

Dog walking

Officers responded to a call for an attempted robbery in Oak Square at 2:59 a.m. Oct. 2. The caller told police he was walking his dog when a man approached him and pointed a shiny chrome object at him. The caller said the man started to say ‘Give me . . . ‘ but then the caller punched him in the mouth and knocked him down to the ground. The caller then fled and called police.

Just making small talk . . .

Officers responded to a call for an armed robbery in progress in Cleveland Circle at 4:38 a.m. Oct. 4. A store clerk told officers a man entered the store and went to the ATM, but did not take out money. He then perused the sandwich aisle and shelves next to the register and asked the clerk how long he had worked there. Then the man walked behind the registers, put his hand on his pocket and told the clerk to empty the registers. The clerk emptied the registers and gave the man nearly $500. The man told the clerk he would shoot him if he tried to follow him, and left the store. Area detectives were notified.

Not happy to see them

Officers pulled a vehicle over for a traffic violation at 3:24 a.m. Oct. 4. Officers approached the driver and asked the man, who appeared to be nervous and continuously licking his lips, for his license and registration. The man gave the officers a blank sheet of paper instead and told them he did not have his license. Officers asked the man to get out of the car, at which point the man made an effort to start the car. Officers opened the door of the car, took the driver’s keys and informed the man he would be under arrest for driving without a license. The man refused to leave the car without speaking to a lawyer. Officers then noticed a bulge in the driver’s pocket and asked him what was in it. The driver attempted to shut the door, but officers grabbed the man out of the car and patted him down. The driver became violent and knocked officers to the ground and kicked one in the thigh. After regaining control of the situation, officers retrieved two bags of cocaine from the man. The driver was placed under arrest for possession of a class B substance, resisting arrest, assault and battery and driving with a suspended license.