Arts & Entertainment, The Muse

Cheryl Cole: Girl Alone

Miley and GaGa might have the U.S. charts on lockdown, but considering one is underage and the other a bu-bu-butter face, isn’t it time for a legal, hot and talented songstress to dominate the charts?

Enter Cheryl Cole, who has spent the last six years as one-fifth of British girl band, Girls Aloud. Cole is now rearing her diva claws in a bid for solo-stardom with her debut single ‘Fight For This Love.’

Written by Steve Kipner, the man responsible for ‘Genie in a Bottle,’ and produced by Wayne Wilkins whose recent credits include Beyonc’eacute;’s ‘Sweet Dreams,’ the song is a vibrant piece of pulsing R&B that is primed for worldwide domination.

The single is fronting Cole’s debut solo LP, Three Words, released in the U.K. on October 26. Boasting productions from Black Eyed Peas front man Will.I.Am, Soulshock & Karlin (Whitney Houston, Usher) and Syience (Jay-Z), the album is one of the most anticipated releases overseas this year.

With rumors flying that Cole will be joining Simon Cowell as a judge on the U.S. version of the hit show The X Factor, 2010 could be the year that transcends Cole from British pop indulgence to full-fledged global icon like girlband contemporary Victoria Beckham ‘-‘- except this one has talent and eats food.

In Cole we trust!