Food, The Muse

Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Tiffany’s

The lack of a bar scene has forced many a Coolidge Cornerian to Trader Joe’s to grab a bottle of $3 merlot and sit alone in his apartment wondering if he’s better off trekking to Kenmore Square for a buzz or sneaking a flask into the Coolidge theater (again) to mouth every line to The Room. Instead, stay local and grab a stool at the new Regal Beagle, opening soon at 308 Harvard St. in Brookline.

From the same guys who brought you Church in Fenway, The Regal Beagle is scheduled to bring you a ‘supper club vibe,’ so don’t invite Emilio Estevez.

The Beagle will satiate your thirst with it’s selection of 19 beers, imported and local like BBC Steel Rail, Avery White Rascal or Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout, which finally removes that silly no-beer-for-breakfast stigma. If beer isn’t your preference, be sure to take a look at the wine list, featuring a ‘Raw Power’ shiraz and $7.50 glass of Argentinian Malbec. The cocktail list focuses on eight drinks, including The Sassy Coworker with Hendricks gin, lime juice and basil, the Sidekick featuring cognac, Mathilde orange liquer and bitters or the namesake drink, with tequila, agave nectar and fresh grapefruit and lime juice, all $9-$10.

Grab a seat along the bright red paisley wall, perfect for stealthily camouflaging yourself in case of one of those freak professor-out-of-classroom-context-and-at-the-same-bar-as-you situations happen.

The daytime menu features lunchtime fare, such as grilled ham and cheese, the regal burger on a brioche bun or pumpkin hummus with pita chips and feta. From the nighttime menu, start out with tacos filled with pulled chicken and avocado mousse, a spicy Caesar salad or slow braised pork belly with caramel vinegar. The dinner gets even more warm and cozy with grilled lamb chops crusted with almond and goat cheese, the Mac n’ cheese with Ritz cracker and sea salt crust or the 12-ounce grilled sirloin steak served with a pan-seared potato cake.

If you had plans to go to the ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ sing-a-long at the theater and your corset’s too tight to eat anything more than bar snacks, the Regal has you covered. Gorgonzola and bacon-stuffed dates, lobster rolls sliders and Moroccan-spiced almonds are some of their ‘bar bites’ that will prevent a bloated gut, but will provide enough fuel to help you make it through ‘The Labyrinth’ double feature

Regal will have a partnership with the Coolidge Theater to pick up your tickets for you while you’ order enough wine to drown out memories of The Ropers spin off.’

The Regal Beagle is located at 308 Harvard Street in Brookline.