City Crime Logs: Grand Theft Brighton

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department crime logs from March 28 to April 4, 2011.

Officers responded to a call that three male suspects were looking into car windows around Nonantum and Washington Street on Tuesday at 9:43 a.m. in Brighton. The officers walked up to the suspects as one man was attempting to conceal objects. The officers saw a black cord hanging out of the suspect’s jackets and detained the suspects. A witness identified the men, searched them and found two GPS devices, two charger units and an iPhone on their persons. Several cars in the area appeared to be rummaged through. The suspects were charged with breaking and entering motor vehicles and receiving stolen property.

Flat outta luck

Driving along Charles and Mt. Vernon Streets on Tuesday, officers noticed a car driving with a flat tire the wrong way on a one-way street. The officers pulled the car over and noticed that the driver was intoxicated due to his glassy eyes. The suspect was unable to provide an explanation as to why his tire was flat. As the officers asked the driver to exit his vehicle they noticed a puddle of beer and a beer can on the floor of his car. The driver failed to pass a field sobriety test and was charged with operating under the influence.

This ain’t yo mama’s car jack

On Tuesday, officers responded to a call in South Boston that a suspicious man was attempting to open car doors at 409 West Broadway. Officers saw a man pulling the handle of a car door. When the officers approached the man he handed over a GPS device and said, “It’s my mother’s.” However, when asked if his car was his mother’s the man said, “No.” The officers searched the suspect and found several credit cards not belonging to him. The man was charged with receiving stolen property and attempting to commit a crime.

Sounds like a FreeP party

Early Sunday morning officers from Roxbury responded to a call for a loud party at 24 Lawn St. The officers saw a loud crowd of 50 college-age people standing in the driveway holding beer cans and red plastic cups. As officers walked up to the house most of the crowd dropped their cups and ran away, however, there were about 100 more people in the basement. The officers cleared the house and arrested several individuals for possession of alcohol. They also found a “drink menu” with prices listed and several kegs of beer.

That’s not the only thing you can buy on Craigslist

Detectives had been receiving reports of stolen bikes in the Beacon Hill and Boston Common area. One victim had thought he had seen his bike for sale on Craiglist and as a result the detective found the advertisement and called the person selling the bike. On Friday the detectives went to pick up the bike from the seller and arrested him for receiving stolen property.