Basketball, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Sports, Track and Field, Wrestling

Top 10 Quotes of 2012-13

It has been an eventful year for Boston University sports, and we have gathered a list of the top 10 quotes in BU athletics from the 2012-13 academic year. Here is to more great moments to come!

1. “You never see a line coming in for a track meet.” – Director of track and field Robyne Johnson on Galen Rupp’s appearance at the Track and Tennis Center

2. “There were a lot of elbows, a broken nose — who knows what’s up with Max’s jaw. It must have been the mosquitoes. There were no calls. The mosquitoes were hitting hard tonight.” – Men’s soccer coach Neil Roberts on mosquitoes invading a soccer game

3. “They definitely played for Boston today. Their resiliency and toughness definitely represented the city today.” – Softball coach Kathryn Gleason on softball playing their next game after the Boston Marathon bombings

4. “I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn last night.” – Men’s hockey coach Jack Parker on not knowing the name of Matt O’Connor’s operation

5. “They’re all beauties.” – Ex-men’s hockey forward Yassin Cissé on his teammates after leaving BU mid-season

6. “I can’t explain to you how excited I am, how happy I am, how proud I am to continue the legacy that Jack has built over the last 40 years.” – David Quinn on becoming the next head coach of BU men’s hockey

7. “It hit me in the nuts.” – Men’s hockey goaltender Sean Maguire on his in-game injury

8. “I’m insulted. When you put your heart and soul into something, you don’t expect to get blindsided.” – Wrestling coach Carl Adams on the cancellation of the varsity wrestling program

9. “Everyone knows I always say that if I take my mom in the backyard and play her, I’d want to beat the hell out of her. I don’t care how old she is.” – Women’s basketball coach Kelly Greenberg on competitiveness

10. “I’ve got two daughters and 226 sons and the team that I have here right now are my youngest sons. And I’m not going to have any more children.” – Men’s hockey coach Jack Parker on his retirement