BU men’s ice hockey lends a hand to Thanksgiving traditions

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]With Thanksgiving coming up on Thursday, we took some time to talk to members of the Boston University men’s hockey team about what they’re appreciative of this upcoming Turkey Day.

Check out what five Terriers — senior forward Mike Moran, junior defenseman Doyle Somerby, junior forward Tommy Kelley, sophomore defenseman Brandon Hickey and freshman defenseman Shane Switzer — said they were thankful for, and some original artwork, in the gallery below.

With many members of the team living outside of the area, some local players open up their homes for the holiday. You can hear about what BU players are planning for this Thursday, in addition to some of their favorite foods and traditions, in the video and gallery below:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text][mediagrid cat=”25605″][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text][mediagrid cat=”25609″][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Sarah covers men's hockey and other sports for The Daily Free Press, and is the chairman of Back Bay Publishing Co., Inc. She served as Editor-in-Chief of the FreeP during the Spring 2014 semester and was Sports Editor in Fall 2013. She has also written for the Boston Globe and seattlepi.com. When she's not writing, she loves baking and going to concerts. You can contact her by tweeting her at @Kirkpatrick_SJ or emailing her at sjkirkpa@bu.edu.