Columnists, Columns, Opinion

Max vs. Media: A Trump supporter’s take on the mainstream media

It was a cold Thursday when two infamous New York Times “reporters” published a FAKE article about our lord and savior — President Donald John Trump. The article is titled “Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit.” The mischievous Michael S. Schmidt and Maggie Haberman again tried to slander our great president’s good name.

Mainstream media can’t be trusted by true conservatives. All these journalists are trying to tell the public the truth, but they are so biased. Why are they biased? Well, because there are negative articles against conservatives, of course. Conservatives are always right, so all MSM journalists are liars spewing fake news.

Consider this Gallup-Knight Foundation poll of 19,000 American adults. Only 37 percent of the American people have trust in the media, and 68 percent of Republicans have an unfavorable view of it. The most telling statistic is that 40 percent said that when reports paint politicians in a negative light, they should “always” be deemed “fake news.” Can you believe six out of 10 Republicans believe that the MSM can tell anything but fake news? The Washington Post definitely has no standards whatsoever — it’s just filled with a bunch of people who construct negative FAKE reports about Donald Trump.

If you watched CNN — otherwise known as Clinton News Network — or MSNBC, you would think Donald Trump has destroyed America. Fox News, especially its anchor Sean Hannity, knows how to tell the truth at least. The stock market is at an all-time high. And we all know the only reason the stock market rises is when we have a good president in office. That’s the reason it crashed when Barack Hussein Obama took office — the Great Recession wasn’t caused by weak economic policies under the Federal Reserve in addition to Bush’s policies, but because Obama became president. But I digress.

I was proud when Trump stood up for himself and took a swing at the press. Trump was asked about the reporting by the MSM that he had ordered White House counsel Don McGahn to fire special counsel Bob Mueller in Davos.

“Fake news, folks” Trump said. “Fake news. A typical New York Times fake story.” While no one in the White House has actually denied the reports, I would still believe Trump. Every time he says “believe me,” that’s exactly when I know I am learning the unbiased, objective truth. For instance, imagine a salesperson tells you that this new vacuum is the best by far on the market. You’re skeptical as you should be. But then, he says “believe me,” and you buy 10 vacuums, because it’s the best. Perfect logic of course.

Just take Sean Hannity. He opened his show strong, condemning The New York Times for distracting the American people, claiming his sources weren’t confirming those details and suggesting that The New York Times gets stuff wrong all the time. Later in the program, Hannity said, “So we have sources tonight just confirming … that, yeah, maybe Donald Trump wanted to fire the special counsel for conflict.” And then he rightly asks, “Does he not have the right to raise those questions?”

Even if Trump did order Mueller to be fired, it was, of course, justified. The best reason is that Mueller was once a member of Trump’s golf course and had a dispute with him about the fees. However, the MSM would never report this because it is so damning. Mueller disputed golf course fees — therefore, this most certainly counteracts the work he did post-9/11 as the head of the FBI. A long public career serving one’s country is just sad; instead, become a real estate mogul like Trump and emerge as a billionaire. The latter person is a much more trustworthy path of course — whoever heard of a scummy real estate developer? Those people clearly don’t exist.

1. Is this supposed to be satire?