Campus Crime Logs: September 6-11

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs between Sep. 6-11.

Possible BB gun possession

An RA found a bag possibly containing a BB gun in a brownstone dorm at 202 Bay State Road on Monday around 9:45 p.m. The lieutenant detective was notified of the incident.

Food truck forced to move

A food truck set up for business on the corner of Comm. Ave. and Hinsdale Mall next to the COM Lawn on Monday around 12:30 p.m. A BUPD officer informed the driver he was not allowed to do business there and stayed with the truck while the food truck served customers that had already paid, then the truck was removed.

Tagging in GSU stairwell

Someone tagged the west stairwell of the George Sherman Union on four floors. It was reported on Monday around 8 a.m. and facilities was notified.

Fight between BU residents

BUPD and the Boston Police Department responded to a verbal argument at 914 Beacon St. on Saturday around 1 a.m. The building was not BU property but the argument took place between BU affiliates.

Possible bike theft

Someone was seen cutting the chain to a bike at 509 Park Dr. in South Campus on Friday around 1:30 p.m. He told the BUPD officer that he was a locksmith and was cutting the chain for the owner. Officer contacted owner and was waiting to hear back.

1. If the incident of the food truck removed by a BUPD officer did indeed take place at Commonwealth Avenue and Hinsdale Mall was indeed on Commonwealth Avenue, this doesn’t seem to be a matter over which BUPD had the right to assert authority. This would have been a Boston Police issue.
    If the truck was ON BU property, it’s a different story.