Domino’s delivery no longer accepting meal points from BU students

Boston University students are no longer able to use their dining or convenience points for Domino’s Pizza delivery orders, according to an email from BU Dining Services sent on Sept. 4. Students are still able to use points for takeout orders at the store, located at 508 Park Drive in South Campus. 

Domino’s Pizza on Park Drive. BU Dining Services discontinued the use of dining and convenience points at Domino’s in South Campus due to declining usage. RACHEL FEINSTEIN/DFP PHOTOGRAPHER

BU Spokesperson Colin Riley said the University got rid of the dining and convenience points payment for delivery options, as of June 1, 2024, due to “declining usage” by students. 

“The university dining services and auxiliary services review all of their programs on a regular basis,” Riley said. “They do the same with the different concepts in the food court to measure that they’re still being used and appealing to students.”

The decision to discontinue the service was also due to issues charging student accounts, said Kushal Reddy, the assistant manager at the 508 Park Drive Domino’s. 

Typically, Domino’s delivery drivers would take students’ BU ID numbers upon delivery, but when the store tried to charge them later, students would have insufficient funds. This is an issue that has lost the store some money, said  Reddy.

Riley wrote in an email that he was not aware of this issue.

Aleah Sebrey, a sophomore in the College of Fine Arts, thinks students who “really want it” will still go to Domino’s for carry-out. However, she said it’s important for students to have accessible food options that work for their schedules.

“I feel like [delivery] makes it easier for students whose schedules don’t allow for them to go to dining halls,” Sebrey said. 

Leah Parrott, a senior in the College of Arts and Sciences living in South Campus, doesn’t mind carry-out as the only means to use her meal points at Domino’s due to her location. However, she feels bad for students who live further away.

“I like to usually go out, so I know if I’m getting takeout, I could use a walk,” Parrot said. “We only live a few blocks away, so for us, it’s very easy.”

Jackson Pine, a junior in the College of Arts and Sciences, said he used to pay for Domino’s delivery with dining points “all the time” during his freshman year, but does not frequent the pizza shop much anymore.

“It was so easy, you know?” Pine said. “You [would] just order it, they [would] come to your house, and then you [would] just write your code or your ID number on a piece of paper. I am mourning the loss of Domino’s delivery.”

1. If this had happened when I was there in the 90s, I would have died of starvation.