Police examine alleged death threats, break up knife fight

Susanna VagmanThe following reports were taken from this week’s Allston-Brighton District 14 crime logs.

Two teens allegedly threatened to kill a 16-year-old Brighton High student if she didn’t keep quiet about a crime she reportedly witnessed.

The girl allegedly had witnessed a stabbing, which the two boys, one 16-year-old and one 17-year-old, are believed to be involved in. The MBTA Police is currently investigating the stabbing.

According to police, the suspects are believed to be part of BMB One Love Mafia, a street gang.

As the girl and a friend were walking to the train stop from school on March 8, two boys, one of whom was one of the suspects, allegedly approached her and told her to be quiet or they would “catch” her. They allegedly also said a friend of hers would be murdered.

On March 3, the girl allegedly received a phone call from the other suspect who threatened to kill her.

According to reports, the boy told her, “ … I heard you snitched about the trolley thing. I just want to let you know you’re getting murdered.”

CUT ABOVE THE REST

A Brighton man allegedly pulled a knife during a fight in front of 1560 Commonwealth Ave. on March 1.

While officers were on the scene of an alleged argument between a customer and a gas station owner at 1550 Commonwealth Ave., they reportedly saw two men fighting across the street.

Before officers could cross the street or say anything, one of the men allegedly pulled a knife from the other man’s belt and attempted to stab him several times.

According to the police report, officers drew their weapons and ordered the knife-wielding suspect to drop his weapon. They also ordered both men to lay on the ground.

Miguel Rodriguez, 30, of Brighton, was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

BITE ME

While walking in a Brighton neighborhood park, a 13-year-old boy was bitten by an unleashed dog on Friday night.

According to reports, the dog ran up to the boy and bit his left leg. The boy was able to pull away from the dog and run to the other side of the park.

Moments later, he reportedly noticed an unknown woman who had the dog on a leash leaving the park and confronted her. The woman allegedly told him, “You didn’t get bit by my dog. You just fell down.”

The boy reportedly went to a nearby Boys ‘ Girls Club and phoned police. He was taken to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital.

A similar report involving identical descriptions in the same park was filed earlier. A search of the park and nearby streets found nothing.

SNOWBALL, FIGHT

A Cambridge man was allegedly assaulted on March 10 on Peaceable Street.

The suspect reportedly punched the victim in the face, causing slight swelling to his left cheek.

The victim told police an unknown suspect driving a 1986 Subaru assaulted him. As he was walking on Peaceable Street, he allegedly threw a snowball at the car coming in the opposite direction because he believed the suspect was driving too fast.

The driver reportedly stopped his car and started arguing with the victim. After a few words were exchanged, the suspect allegedly punched the victim and drove away.

VICIOUS PICTIONARY

Police arrested two teens on Feb. 10 for graffiti. The suspects are believed to be members of a gang called Violating Laws Krew/Vicious Lawbreaking Kids (VLK) and are believed to be responsible for numerous acts of vandalism in the Allston-Brighton area.

The MBTA Police Anti-Crime Unit joined forces with the Boston Police Department to search the houses of the suspects, Andrew Ferentinos, 18, of Melrose, and John Olivares, 19, of Newton. There was reportedly enough evidence for them to be summoned to Brighton District Court.

In addition, officer William Kelley and the MBTA Police, as a result of a house search on Feb. 27, arrested a third suspect, Michael Denny. On Feb. 28, he was arraigned on one count of graffiti. He will be summoned to Brighton District Court for 30 additional counts of graffiti laws violations.

The gang is believed to have as many as 10 members with over 200 incidents to their name. Damages are estimated at $250,000 and include property in Allston-Brighton, the South End, the North End, Back Bay, Jamaica Plain and Roxbury.

PROBABLY NOT “BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS”

A homeless man was arrested on March 9 for shoplifting a magazine retailing for $7.99.

According to police reports, officers responded to a radio call at Store 24 on 1219 Commonwealth Ave. Store manager Anamul Islam, saw the suspect place the magazine in his backpack and “attempt to leave the store without paying.”

According to reports, the suspect, Brondly Thomas, 24, attempted to hit Islam in the face with his fist. Islam avoided being struck and phoned police.

BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE

A residential fire broke out in a condominium complex in Brighton on Feb. 28, causing $10,000 in damages.

No one was arrested, but the Boston Police Arson Squad is investigating.

A resident of a neighboring complex reportedly told police he heard a noise coming from the victim’s address. He also said he saw a male “make a throwing gesture” and flee the scene on foot.

While battling the blaze, a firefighter injured his left ankle and was transported to Beth Israel Hospital.