Cab Driver Robbed By Group

The following reports were taken from last week’s District 14 Allston-Brighton crime logs.

A taxi driver was allegedly robbed at 12:38 a.m. Saturday as he waited to pick up a customer.

Herbert Ndikuno, taxi driver for the Bay State Cab Company, arrived at 1105 Jette Court in Brighton to pick up a Michael Smith. A group of eight males, approximately ages 16-18, all wearing black clothing, were reportedly waiting there.

Ndikuno said one of the suspects asked, “Are you here for Smith?” The driver then answered he was, and added the whole group would not all fit in the car. One of the suspects then allegedly jumped in the front seat, displayed a handgun and demanded his money.

The eight suspects took $180 and fled on foot in different directions. Police searched the surrounding area to no avail.

BREAKING ‘ ENTERING

Police responded to a radio call for breaking and entering at the Eagles Deli at 1918 Beacon St. in Brighton Sunday at 12:14 a.m.

Two employees were walking past the restaurant when they observed a suspect reportedly handing objects through the take-out window to another suspect outside. When the suspects were spotted, the first suspect left through the front door and fled on Beacon Street toward Chestnut Hill Avenue.

The witnesses caught the second suspect and detained him until police arrived.

Police arrested the suspect, a Jamaica Plain 17-year-old, but could not apprehend the other suspect, whom the arrested suspect identified only as “Frank.”

DISORDERLY CONDUCT

Kevin Morgan, 22, of 72 Washington St. in Norwood, was arrested after challenging a police officer to a fight at Kells Bar at 161 Brighton Ave. in Allston Saturday morning.

Officer William Kelley was doing detail at the bar at 1:15 a.m. when he assisted in the removal of Morgan for throwing beer in another patron’s face. Morgan allegedly attempted to reenter four times and was repeatedly told never to return.

At 1:50 a.m., on his fifth attempt, Kelley said he gave Morgan a final warning threatening arrest, and Morgan reportedly got into a fighting position and challenged Kelley to a fight.

With the assistance of the doormen, Kelley restrained Morgan. After he refused to leave the property once more, he was arrested for trespassing and disorderly conduct.

The sergeant responded to the scene for a license premise check.