BUPD LOG: Heroin Arrest At Boston Medical Center

The following reports were taken from last week’s Boston University Police Department logs.

A 44-year-old man carrying 20 bags of a substance believed to be heroin was arrested March 12 at the Boston Medical Center.

While officers were patrolling the Medical Center, they noticed two men acting suspiciously outside the pharmacy. The officers allegedly observed an unknown black man hand a packet to Anthony Perrone, of 786 Massachusetts Ave., police said.

As officers approached the men, the unknown black man fled the scene. Officers then questioned Perrone, who replied, “Why don’t you leave me alone?” According to police, the officers instructed Perrone to calm down, but he pushed an officer and struck him in the chest.

The officers arrested Perrone and took him to BUPD headquarters. During an inventory search of Perrone, officers reportedly found a hypodermic needle, syringe and 20 small brown packages containing a brown substance believed to be heroin.

According to police, Perrone was to be arraigned at Boston Municipal Court on charges of possession of a hypodermic needle, assault and battery of an officer and possession of a controlled substance.

THEFT

Nearly $8,000 worth of property was taken from 2 Cummington St. between March 13 and March 15, police said.

According to police, an unknown person gained access to an office area shared by several people in the building and removed various items valued at a total of $7,760. There were no signs of forced entry, and it is unknown whether the doors were locked.

One victim was a male BU student. His Sony radio, worth $150, and his laptop case, valued at $70, were stolen, police said.

Also victimized were the Trustees of Boston University. According to police, an $1,800 Macintosh laptop computer, a $3,000 Power Point Projector, a $2,000 Dell laptop, a $400 TV/VCR combination, a $300 digital camera, $35 stereo headphones and $5 in change were allegedly taken.

There are no suspects or witnesses in this case.

—A Dell laptop was stolen from an 18-year-old in the Warren Towers dining hall on March 11 between 8-8:30 p.m., according to police.

The victim told officers he left his backpack on the floor of the dining hall, but when he returned, his backpack and laptop, valued at $1,600, were missing, along with accessories for the computer, valued at $150, police said.

—Various credit cards were stolen from a locker in the BU Case Center on March 14 between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., BUPD said.

The victim, a 28-year-old BU student, told police he left his belongings in an unlocked locker in the men’s locker room at 285 Babcock St. When he returned, he found his ATM card, two credit cards and his driver’s license missing, police said.

According to police, when the victim called to cancel his cards, he discovered one credit card purchase of $77 was allegedly made at an unknown store. There are no suspects or witnesses in this case.

—Police said $600 in cash was taken from a BU employee’s coat pocket on March 15 at 14 Buswell St.

The victim told police he left his work jacket on a hanger in the supply room, and when he returned, the money was missing from his pocket. There are no suspects or witnesses in this case.

DRUGS AND ALCOHOL

—A male non-BU student was arrested for possession of needles outside the Boston Medical Center on March 15 at 5:40 p.m., police said.

According to police, an officer observed Carlos Santos, of 444 Harrison Ave., entering and exiting the pharmacy at 850 Harrison Ave. numerous times. The officer approached Santos and began to question him.

When the officer asked Santos if he had any drugs or needles on him, Santos replied, “Yes, I do.” Santos then handed the officer a brown paper bag containing 23 capped hypodermic needles, police said.

Santos was placed under arrest and scheduled to appear at Boston Municipal Court for possession of needles, police said.

—A 19-year-old BU student was transported to the hospital on Mar. 16 at 11:45 p.m. after consuming too much alcohol, police said.

Officers responded to 531 Beacon St. after receiving a call for a drunken student passed out on the sidewalk. When they arrived, police found the woman being held in sitting position by a BU Buildings ‘ Grounds supervisor.

The woman told officers that she went to a fraternity party and consumed five or six shots between 10:30 and 10:55 p.m., police said. The victim appeared extremely intoxicated and began vomiting on herself. She was transported to Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and the dean of students was notified.

—A 19-year-old BU student was found with lacerations on his face and forehead after drinking too much on March 17 at 3 a.m., police said.

BUPD officers responded to 1019 Commonwealth Ave. after receiving a call about an intoxicated individual. When officers spoke with the man, he told police he had been at a party on Gardner Street. and had drunk 10 beers, police said.

The man also told police he had fallen down on his way home and cut his face, but he said he felt fine. He was transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, and the dean of students was notified.