The Jerry Springer effect

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from Feb. 10 to 17.

THE JERRY SPRINGER EFFECT

Officers responded to a call at Chestnut Hill Avenue at 1:58 a.m. Feb. 16. Upon arrival, the victim said he had been watching television in his apartment when two of his upstairs neighbors started to kick and bang on the door with baseball bats, yelling at him to turn his music down. The victim also claimed that the same neighbors beat up tenants of another apartment unit in the building for playing music too loud the previous week. The victim said one of the suspects is dating his ex-girlfriend. The ex-girlfriend, a tenant in the building, said the victim does play his music too loud.

CRIME RUNS ON DUNKIN

An officer on paid detail responded to a report of shoplifting at the Rite-Aid Pharmacy at 177 Brighton Ave. at 10:28 a.m. Feb. 16. The pharmacy shift supervisor said she had seen a man in a dark puffy coat come into the store with nothing in his hands and leave with two Dunkin Donuts bags full of merchandise. The officer saw the suspect running away on Quint Avenue. A pedestrian was able to stop the suspect long enough to recover the stolen items, valued at $295.80. The suspect kept running, but was eventually stopped by the officer. The pedestrian identified the suspect as the man he had recovered the items from. The suspect then yelled at the pedestrian, adding a witness intimidation charge to the shoplifting charge he had already received.’

HER NAME WAS TIFFANY, BUT SHE WAS ON CRAIGSLIST

An undercover police officer called the number in a Craigslist advertisement titled ‘Hot n’ Sexy Japanese/Chinese Babe arrived the town call now ~~~ -w4m (in/out)’ at 3:40 p.m. Feb 10. He asked the woman where he should meet her. She told him Commonwealth Avenue, but that she would give the specific location later. She then asked him his race, age, height and weight. The undercover officer called the number again at 6 p.m. and spoke with the same woman, who then told him to come to the Best Western Terrace Inn at 1650 Commonwealth Ave. When they met, the undercover officer asked her name, to which she replied ‘Tiffany.’ After a conversation with what seemed to be her boss, Tiffany told the undercover officer to pay first. He handed her an envelope containing two marked hundred dollar bills. Tiffany looked in the envelope, said ‘half-hour,’ to which the undercover officer replied, ‘Yes, that is all I have,’ and asked if that would still get him the ‘massage and f–.’ Tiffany responded, ‘Yes it does.’ The undercover officer then let three detectives into the room, who arrested Tiffany.

JUST KEEP ON TRUCKIN’

Officers responded to a call at 6:10 a.m. about a car accident at the intersection of North Beacon and Market streets Feb. 17. The first driver, who was in a pick-up truck, saw a truck turning ahead of him, but could not stop. The second driver said that he had misjudged the timing while turning. Both were uninjured and refused medical help.