You’ve got to fight for your right to partay!

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from March 31 to April 6.

Officers responded to a noise complaint about a party at 56 Ridgemont St. at 1:15 a.m. April 4.’ Upon arrival, officers noticed about 40 people outside on the front porch and the fire escape. As the officers approached the building, bottles were thrown off the roof at them. The officers asked the people on the porch to leave if they did not live there, and two people refused. The two who refused were warned that if they were still on the front porch when the other units arrived, they would be arrested. The two still refused to leave and were arrested by the next unit that arrived at the scene. The officers gained access to the house through the back door and noticed more than 100 people inside on the first floor. When the officers told the residents that the party was over, the residents said they knew their rights, and the party did not have to end. Everyone who refused to leave was arrested, including two residents. One of the residents resisted arrest to the point of forcing the arresting officer to fall down the stairs.’

LET’S GET PHYSICAL, PHYSICAL

Officers responded to an assault and battery at 40 Ridgemont St. at 2:15 a.m. April 4. When they arrived, officers spoke with the victim, who said that she and her boyfriend were assaulted after getting out of their taxi. Several males from a silver Ford Mustang behind the taxi, apparently upset from having to wait for the victim to pay her cab fare, allegedly verbally abused her and then proceeded to get physical with the girl. The boyfriend intervened and then was also attacked. The suspects then fled the scene.

CASE OF THE EX

Officers responded to a robbery in progress at 28 Greylock Road at 1:46 a.m. April 3. Upon arrival, officers spoke with the victims. The first victim’s ex-boyfriend, with whom she claimed to have a history of domestic abuse, allegedly showed up uninvited with his new girlfriend. The new girlfriend then asked the first victim to go outside.’ When she refused, the new girlfriend allegedly pushed the victim onto the couch and punched her several times in the face and pulled her hair. Meanwhile, the ex-boyfriend grabbed the Xbox 360 and called for his new girlfriend to leave. The suspects had left the area by the time police arrived on the scene.

YOU SCRATCH MY BACK, I’LL STAB YOURS

A caller reported a stolen cell phone at 3 p.m. April 4. The caller said he had been at The Kells Bar at 161 Brighton Ave. and befriended a man who referred to himself as ‘Jamal.’ The man asked if he could borrow the caller’s BlackBerry Storm, to which he agreed. When the caller returned from the bathroom, ‘Jamal’ was gone, and there was no sign of the Blackberry.