BU parts ways with BU Academy head of school

Boston University has separated with Ari Betof, the head of Boston University Academy, Monday. BUA is a private high school located on BU’s campus.

BU spokesperson Colin Riley confirmed to The Daily Free Press that BU had split ways with Betof.

“While it is our policy not to comment on personnel matters, we can say that the reason for the separation does not involve any current or former BUA student or other members of the BUA community,” the statement Riley provided read.

Betof wrote in an email that he has been honored to serve as BUA’s head of school and to work with its students and faculty.

It has been an honor to serve as the Head of School for Boston University Academy (‘BUA’), working with its enormously talented students and faculty,” Betof wrote. “I am proud of what we — together as a community — have accomplished. Whatever my disagreements with BU over the decision made, I will continue to cheer on the students of BUA and its faculty as they set the bar high and do amazing work.”

On BUA’s website, Betof’s profile page has been removed and the current head of school page states that the Assistant Head of School Rosemary White now serves as the interim head of BUA.

UPDATE 7/13 2:28 p.m.: According to a Boston Globe article, Betof was removed from his position after investigators found him to have violated BU’s sexual misconduct policy.

1. In other news, the cost of this high school is now higher than that of most good public universities in the US. The smartest move might be for the school itself to part ways with the profit machine at 1 Silber Way.