City Crime Logs: October 3-6

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department website from Oct. 3-6.

Police identify homicide victim as Emerson College student

Police responded to a report of assault and battery and found Emerson College student Daniel Hollis, 19, unconscious with a head injury on Park Dale Avenue. He was rushed to a hospital, where he later died and police are investigating his death.

Attempted knife assault in Hyde Park

On Oct. 3 at 4 p.m., an off-duty officer responded to two boys on Hyde Park Avenue who were attempting to stab each other with knives in a McDonald’s parking lot. The officer restrained the 15-year-old at the scene, while the 16-year-old fled and was apprehended by a few blocks away.

Loaded firearm found during traffic stop

Officers arrested two men Saturday on Fessenden Street after stopping a car whose registration had been revoked. The driver attempted to flee, so police detained him and discovered he was using a suspended license and had a loaded gun in the backseat. Both the driver and his passenger were charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition.

In honor of National Newspaper Week, we’re asking you to make a donation to The Daily Free Press. The financial support of our community is important now more than ever to help us continue writing stories like this for readers like you. Please chip in whatever you can. Read more and make a donation here. Thank you.