Campus, Crime Logs, News

Campus Crime Logs: Oct. 8 – Oct. 15

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department’s crime logs from Oct. 8 – Oct. 15. 

The Boston University Police Department station. This week’s crime logs include trespassing, an overdose and an assault with a dangerous weapon. ANNALYN KUMAR/DFP FILE

Possibly Armed Person Sighted at 72 East Concord St. 

At 6:44 a.m. on Oct. 8, someone wearing black shorts and a gray hooded sweatshirt was believed to be carrying a firearm. He took off from the Northeastern University Police Department and was potentially headed toward the Boston University Medical Campus. 

Trespassing at 715 Albany St.

At 1:16 a.m. on Oct. 9, someone was found trespassing on the Albany Street side of Talbot Green charging their phone. 

Larceny Under $1,200 at 700 Commonwealth Ave.

At 2:02 p.m. on Oct. 9, someone reported seeing a suspect cutting a bike lock using bolt cutters. The suspect left with the bike heading toward Kenmore Square. 

Overdose at 71 East Concord St. 

At 4:12 a.m. on Oct. 11, an overdose was reported by a medical center in the area. Boston EMS and the Boston Police Department arrived on the scene. Unit reports incident occurred off of Boston University’s property. BPD, Boston EMS and Public Safety stayed on the scene to handle the matter. 

Disorderly Person at 700 Commonwealth Ave. 

At 4:45 p.m. on Oct. 11, a caller reported a potentially intoxicated person being rude and disruptive to workers at The Juicery. 

Suspicious Person at 620 Albany St. 

On Oct 11 at 7:44 p.m., a BU student in the School of Medicine reported that when she was walking home from school on Shawmut Avenue, a man approached her near the intersection of Worcester Street and Shawmut Avenue and asked for the time. The male followed the student and asked for her name and if she was a BU student. She reported that the male party did not make any physical contact or threats after refusing to answer his questions. She called her friend to meet her near Shawmut Avenue and Rutland Street, where she lost sight of the suspect.

Skateboard Injuries at 928 Commonwealth Ave. 

At 11:51 a.m. on Oct. 12, a caller reported a person fell off their skateboard and sustained injuries.  

Trespassing, Resisting Arrest, Assault with Dangerous Weapon at 620 Albany St. 

Between 6:30 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. on Oct. 14, Officer Duffy attempted to move someone with a blue backpack. He had a needle on his person. The same male moved along from the 610 Albany St. garage prior to being in the parking lot at 620 Albany St. BUPD was notified and responded. The male refused to move off private property. Duffy, Officer Phelps and BUPD attempted to physically escort the male off the property, and the male became aggressive with Duffy. BUPD arrested the male party and transported him back to the BUPD station for booking. 

Harassment at 808 Commonwealth Ave.

At 2:47 p.m. on Oct. 14, a caller reported that about five individuals in the Howard Thurman Center were verbally harassing people attending an event.