Fashion & Beauty, Lifestyle

Vegan and cruelty-free fashion, skincare and makeup brands

Animal testing for makeup, skincare and fashion items is the ugliest side of the beauty and fashion industry. 

There are ways to be more ethical and animal-friendly without going completely vegan though, one of them being to purge out any makeup, skincare and clothing brands that partake in unethical animal testing and be conscientious of labels. You can always check if a brand is cruelty-free by looking for the symbol of a bunny with the words “cruelty-free” on it and by doing your research ahead of time.

Here are the best vegan and cruelty-free brands to upgrade your beauty routine and wardrobe during World Vegan Month this year. 

Makeup and Skincare

Too Faced is one of the best vegan and cruelty-free brands. They have a range of makeup from foundation to blush to concealer. This high-quality makeup brand won’t let you down looks-wise or ethics-wise.

Tarte is another great cruelty-free brand. Using the most luxurious ingredients in their makeup like their Amazonian Clay Foundation, you can assure no Amazon rainforest animals (or plants) were harmed in the making of these products. 

Arguably the most popular vegan and cruelty-free brand, Lush, has had our natural product-loving hearts since we were pre-teens. From bath bombs to luxurious natural lotions and natural face cleansers, Lush never disappoints the animals. They also never package their items in plastic and uses recycled and reused containers for their products, so you can assure that they are eco-friendly as well. 

Vegan fashion 

Reformation is one of the top eco and vegan-friendly clothing brands. Not to mention, they’re pretty trendy right now. Though their products are high-quality, they’re made with mostly recycled vintage fabrics.

If you’ve always wanted to own a fashionable pair of Dr. Martens but don’t want to buy their original leather ones, luckily the brand has a pair in the same style using completely vegan leather. Their vegan pair looks exactly the same as the original, but you can stride with pride knowing no animals were harmed during the making of your boots. 

Speaking of fashionable leather, vegan leather is a popular alternative to any leather goods such as high-end purses and jackets. I recently picked up a vegan leather jacket from Zara and it’s one of the most high-quality items in my wardrobe. Check with your favorite stores to see if they have vegan leather alternatives. 

In The Soulshine is a hidden gem. This Australian-based brand sells the most trendy, and vegan, eco-friendly and cruelty-free tee shirts by using vegan ink. 

Making changes in your life to lead a more cruelty-free eco-friendly life not only benefits animals, but the environment as well. Vegan products use natural ingredients which don’t harm Earth’s environment as non-vegan products do. Harsh chemicals used in some clothing and makeup products are making Earth a toxic environment not only for us, but for our plants and animals. Take a leap into vegan and cruelty-free products for World Vegan Month this November to truly make a difference.