Campus Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Sept. 19 to Sept. 24, 2011.

Klutz on wheels

On Sept. 19 at 7 p.m., a female student reported that her vehicle accidentally collided into the rear of a College of Arts and Sciences building at 725 Comm. Ave.  The student was in the vehicle at the time and knocked her shifter from the park position to the drive position. She realized she was rolling forward after the vehicle hit the building. Both the building and the front-end of her car were mildly damaged, but she was not injured.

Domestic violence

A female student reported on Sept. 21 at 2 a.m. that her former boyfriend assaulted and choked her that evening. Police arrived at Warren Towers at 700 Comm. Ave. where the student explained she had not seen the male since the summer because he’s an international student, but he recently returned to BU and came to see her. She reported that a conversation escalated to a fight and then finally to an assault where he forced his hands around her throat in her dorm room. Police arrested the former boyfriend for assault and battery. A court hearing is scheduled to determine if he is dangerous.

Bleacher creatures

On Sept. 21, BUPD received a call early in the morning regarding a couple on Nickerson Field who reportedly looked as if they were having intercourse in the bleachers. Police responded to the suspicious activity, confirmed it and approached the suspects to ask for their information. Neither of the suspects has any affiliation with BU. It was found that the male had a warrant out for his arrest, and BUPD placed him under arrest.

Crazy cab

A male student reported from 885 Comm. Ave. at 2:15 p.m. on Sept. 21 that a taxi came very close to him as he was riding his bicycle in the bike lane. The cab knocked the student over in front of the College of Fine Arts and then slowly ran over and caused damage to the student’s bike. The cab driver pulled over to exchange insurance information with the student.

Grab ‘n go 

On Sept. 22 at 500 Comm. Ave., a husband and wife reported at 7 p.m. that the wife’s purse was stolen. The couple was dining at Island Creek Oyster Bar when the wife noticed her bag went missing. Video surveillance shows a black male suspect with a coat over his arm entered the restaurant and then exited the restaurant shortly after with the woman’s purse in his hand. The suspect walked a block to 7-Eleven where he charged a few items to the woman’s American Express card. He left the store and headed in an unknown direction. Police are investigating the incident and have an image of the suspect.

Editor’s note: As of July 18, 2013, headlines of crime logs were taken down as per new policy.